What do you haul your quads around with?

JFortner5

Oct 26, 2012
Calera, AL
I'm curious to see what you guys/gals use to haul your machines around with. I've currently got a 99 GMC Sierra I picked up for super cheap about a year ago, best deal of my life. I really like the truck alot, but 90% of the time I'm just driving it by myself back and forth to work. It seems kind of like overkill. I know gas is pretty cheap now, but when it goes back up I think I may have to look for something a little more efficient.

Here's my junk-

2012 Colorado

IMG_20160517_112453778.jpg

I was thinking of maybe selling my truck and getting a 4 cylinder/5 speed car and a trailer. That's kind of why I started this thread to see if anyone was using a car and trailer. Like I said I like the truck but it's kind of a waste when the bed is mostly always empty, and I don't haul or tow anything heavy. What does a 4x8 trailer weigh, 300lbs? I figure my son's crf50 weighs maybe 120lb at the most, and a blaster is maybe 350lbs? That's under 1000lbs and I think just about any car could pull that.

I would hate to sell that truck, it is old being a 99 but I bought it from the original owner 11 months ago with 48k original miles.

Hello, I stay in Santa Barbara, California, and to haul my Yamaha blaster in a safest way, I prefer to use an auto transport Santa Barbara company to haul it. I took some reference from the internet and I found out that transporting motorbike by using an auto shipping company is the best way to haul it and it is less expensive.

^^^^^ O weally??? There is a thing called a trailer and you can attach to any vehicle and doesnt cost any more money than the purchase cost. Who in there right mind pays an auto transport to transport a blaster to their riding spot. This is the reason we live in a disposable world now.

For years I hauled my bikes and quads (Raptor 660 & Blaster) around with this 4x8 trailer similar to what you can buy at Harbor Freight for $280
https://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-heavy-duty-folding-trailer-62648.html
full

I've hauled as many as 2 offroad bike (around 750 pounds) or one quad and a bike (650 pounds) or my 700 pound 4 stroke touring snowmobile with it. Bought it back in 1992. This is my now 31 year old son helping to assemble it:
full

It has held up for 25 years and only finally rusted out this year.
I would highly recommend one of these light duty trailers. It weighs little more than a Blaster, about 300 pounds. Even a 4yr old kid can (help to) assemble it!

I am building another trailer but in the meantime I haul the Blaster in my minivan as someone else showed:
full
ers
These Blasters only weigh 325 lbs which actually safe enough to carry on the roof of the van.
I haven't tried this yet, has anyone?