What carb should I be using for my blaster?

Aka Nash

Feb 1, 2017
i have a blaster with v force 3 reeds, a full Toomey b1 exhaust and no air box. Wondering what carb I could use that’s aftermarket that will be better than stock? Any help is greatly appreciated. It was recently bored out. Still has stock sleeve I believe the guy that did it told me it had 1-2 more bores left before needing re-sleeving.

What kind of riding do you do ? A lot of people use a stock carb.
I have radical/mx porting, Fat Bastard pipe, Vito's reeds, foam filter, no lid, and I use a stock carb.
A larger carb will lose on the bottom and add in upper range. It has to do with velocity in the carb, it's very easy to over carburate an engine.
Max I would go is 32-33mm. 28 or 30 would be better.

Be sure to get a GENUINE carb, not some $10 eBay junk.

What kind of riding do you do ? A lot of people use a stock carb.
I have radical/mx porting, Fat Bastard pipe, Vito's reeds, foam filter, no lid, and I use a stock carb.
A larger carb will lose on the bottom and add in upper range. It has to do with velocity in the carb, it's very easy to over carburate an engine.
Max I would go is 32-33mm. 28 or 30 would be better.

Be sure to get a GENUINE carb, not some $10 eBay junk.
Mainly just trail riding. HAve you been pleased with the fat bastard pipe? I looked into those about a year ago. The toomey came with the bike. Well I appreciate the info. I’ll look into a 28 or a 30 and see if anybody has had luck with them if they have a similar setup to mine. Otherwise I’ll stick with stock.

As to the Fat Bass I like it. Mid/high rpm power band.
I wish I could test a right bend pipe for comparison.
Not necessarily trying to talk you out of a carb , but there other things that will give more bang for the buck at this point.
Porting, head mod/rechambered, advanced timing.

Could DIY on porting, Ken O'CONNOR has a you tube video of how to
Head mod is $60 plus the ride.
Timing mod is free DIY.
GOOD , clean air filter.
Remove air box lid and rejet.