Warrior vs blaster

BLASTER 02

Sep 19, 2011
long island, ny
What is top speed of blaster.? What is top speed of warrior..?
Which is faster.?
Out of 10 how is:
Top speed
Acceleration
Power
Handeling
Suspension

Just wondering because some of my friends say warriors are faster stock vs stock

I have both machines so I will try to give you an accurate v.s.

1999 Warrior-all stock
1995 Blaster-FMF pipe and silencer, moose air filter, one size up piston

The blaster will smoke the warrior in all ways the way I have mine set up here.

but....my neighbor also has a warrior and his younger brother has a blaster and my neighbor across the street has a blaster. When they were younger they would drag down my mile long street. The blasters would pull away little by little until they redline at 6th gear. The warrior would be two lengths behind and would hit last gear and shoot by the blasters. They all had little mods like pipes though.

Ive owned both machines as well. I love my Blaster and would rather ride it, but a Warrior is still lots of fun for the trails. Stock for stock performance, I cant say, since both my bikes were piped and jetted with open airboxes. But the Blaster would kick some Warrior butt in just about every department with a decent rider. My old 2002 Blaster raced my Warrior several times and it would always win.

That said, a Warrior is an excellent beginner or just 'play' trail bike. They are heavy and dont have explosive power, so they tend to stay on the ground. No wheelies if you goose it. A Warrior also jumps well and flies level in the air. The engine is very low-tech and will run forever with just good maintenance. My old Warrior's engine had worn-out rings and still kept right on ripping up until the day I traded it for a Banshee.

My. 02 for this comparison. I may get another Warrior one of these days to teach the wife how to use a clutch.

i raced a warrior when i was stock beside 14/40 gearing and uni airfilter and he had a straight pipe and i wihipped him. never have rode a warrior but i whipped him in a race. if i raced him now he would be parked when im a mile away haha. but he sold it:( haha but i would stick with a blaster

Ive never rode a warrior but rode with one in tight hilly trails and man that thing was a tank supposedly he got it for free and never done a thing to it. This was a type of guy that doesnt clean his filter or change oil often if ever. Anyways it starts easy and was a blaster but it was his second bike and he said power wise it blew he said it u give it gas and it just wasnt all there felt like there should be more but it was just becuase the bike didnt have the get up and go.

+1 on the Blasters. Lower upkeep, faster machine. Plus you get to wear two stroke smoke cologne. Nothing better than that sound.

My blaster beat my buddies warrior stock vs stock. Now that I am ported, polished, stroked, bored, 30mm carb, full fmf exhaust, k&n airfilter, +4 timing, and mod head he can't even see me anymore.

I have owned both and I got rid of the warrior..it was a great running bike and it was reliable. It was very heavy and it is electric start only from the factory, it costs alittle over $100 to add a pull starter for auxillary power incase something was to happen. Overall I wouldn't take one over a blaster but if I had nothing else to ride I would take it.

Stock for stock depends on the rider imo. Do the basic bolt ons to both and its the blaster hands down. The warrior just has torque down low unlike the blaster though. I have both and they are fun, but the blaster is better.