vibration in motor/gives less power

B-rEnT

Mar 16, 2008
Jackson,MI
i got a 2000 blaster and it starts up fine, idles fine, but when you ride it it seems to be slow. my other blaster goes twice as fast as this and its a '89 blaster. it also vibrates that doesnt seem normal while going and a little when idling. plz help thx

have you inspected your plug?
what is your compression?
are you using the stock oil pump or do you pre-mix your gas?
have you cleaned your carb lately?
have you cleaned your air filter?
is there a lot of smoke even when the engine is warm?
stock carb?

i think a little more info is needed, but we can probably get to the bottom of it...

havent checked much on in since i got from my dads freind yesterday for a good price but he said its the internal balancer? i personally never heard of it. i dont think he has rode it for a while because he got a banshee. ill try to clean the carb. and i checked air filter and am goin to clean it because that is pretty dirty. havent checked mounts...also would like to know how hard it would be to replace a piston if thats what it is?

Replacing the piston is pretty easy. Check out the post in the DIY about how to rebuild the top end. I just tore mine down the other night for the first time and it went pretty smooth. Just remember when you are putting the new piston that the arrow is at the front of the motor and don't forget to put some oil on the piston and the rings when you put it back in the cylinder.

kk thx ill check it out...also forgot to say to the other guys that my dads freind said he rebuilt the engine not to long ago...also how do u check compression im new at the whole quad deal....pathetic i know...

You need a compression tester to test compression. You can get one at pretty much any car parts store. It'll probably run you about $20 - $30.

keep that balancer in mind also, because that could very well be the problem too! but there are nurmors things it could be! you'll just have to keep checking it all out, i doubt its a busted motor cause he said it does it on both, but it is possible so you could be right blasterfreek!