Vibrating Quad

CC&Fabb

Jun 4, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hey guys wondering if you could help me out. I replaced my crank seals a few weeks ago and I noticed as soon as I started up the quad after for the first time that the whole bike was vibrating more than normal. The vibrating does not increase as the engine revs, its just a steady vibration that you can feel in your feet and the handle bars. I cant figgure it out but then again I have not really tried that hard to do so.

Any hits would be great. And I dont need any smart ass comments like "its a quad of course its going to vibrate."

thanks

ill have to check that out i guess. Whats up with all these dots you have to line up on the blaster??? Your talking about #20 and #25 on this diagram right?

diagram.jpg

Last edited:
yes that is correct # 20 and 25 there is a dot on the both of them line em up put it back together. that is the crank gear and the balancer gear. the reason being the balancer counter balances the offset weight of the crank caused by the rod and piston. it is an offset rotating mass and it has to be counterbalanced otherwise u get serious vibs...

Reactions: CC&Fabb
Hey guys I got it fixed. I didnt have the dots lined up. Sucks having to break down the clutch side all over agian after just doing it to replace the crank seal. Maybe I should looked more carefully at it when i took it apart. Thanks for the help.

When I got mine, someone had already done me the favor of NOT aligning the dots on the crank. I thought it was just a shaky, junky quad until it did enough damage that I had to replace some stuff. Found the dots not aligned and now its SO good.