transmission fluid directly poured into bottom end

irishcarbomb

Apr 7, 2017
okay so heres the deal. when I was pulling the top end off my blaster to rebuild and have it bored it left the bottom end open. the bike had been sitting for 7 years so I also wanted to do the transmission fluid. so while I was out I had my brother drain it and put new oil in. when I put it all back together it started smoking white smoke (so I was thinking seals were bad) I looked at them and they looked brand new. we got to talking about it and my brother mentioned he poured transmission fluid directly into the bottom of the crank, not all just "enough to lube everything, probably less than a quarter of a quart" ....... he is willing to pay for any damages but is there a way to drain that fluid? or can I just let it burn out?

TLDR:
there was less than a quarter quart of transmission fluid dumped directly onto the crank into the bottom end. is there a way to drain this or is it okay to let it burn out on its own.

I think you'll be fine,
I'd pull the pipe and plug wire, with new 2 stoke mix in it and on, hold throttle wide open and kick it until you can't kick anymore, to expel any excess oil still laying in there, then run it easy for a tank of fuel.

This is a new one for me, let us know how it does

Reactions: BlasterPat
thanks! I was scratching my head for the longest time trying to figure out why it was smoking like a chimney. luckily it was supposedly less than a quarter quart so it shouldn't take too long to burn out any of the left over.

It couldn't have been much.
if the carb floods and semi/fills the crankcase with fuel/oil, the bike won't start. Had it been much trans fluid it wouldn't have started as the new fuel/air being sucked in would have nowhere to go

Just to cover the bases, you made sure to fill up the tranny correctly right?

Like awk said, there's always something new happening around here.

Reactions: BlasterPat