trails in northeast ohio?

Madison is Near Clevland right? Your about 2houres from me but we have a few killer spots down here in Wellsville ohio Called Yellow Creek You can youtube search there are tons of videos of it.

ive heard of wellsville ..is there jumps

Over 2000 Acres Man You can find somthing for Everyone. Here are a few Vids to get a taste, But you cant see this whole place in a day !

Not Really any Rules here, If it runs drive it. If not Its gets used to play kind of the hill on ! Lol I:I God I cant wait till this snow is gone !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also a Northeast Ohioan, by way of the Akron-Canton area. Most of the good spots I know of are at least an hour south of Canton. There's of course the legendary and probably unbeatable Wellsville. Another great spot is Wayne National Forest, which has more rules and regulations being that it is state run, but is well kept and has some stunning landscapes, particularly in the fall. There is also the Perry State Forest, not as good as WNF, but its nice there, not as challenging as "Hellsville."

You can find info on Perry State Forest at:

www.dnr.state.oh.us/forests/perry/

Info on Wayne National Forest is at:

www.waynenationalforest.com

and

fs.usda.gov

If you're planning a big weekend or possibly a 4-wheelin vacation you might like to check out the Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV but after spending a week there I was a little disappointed and found it to be a lot like riding down a flat wide open highway (boring). I prefer a little more of a challenge, ie. Wellsville.

If anyone knows of any spots closer to the Akron-Canton area please let me know I'd love to find a closer place to ride.

Another decent spot in NE Ohio is called Bear Creek Amphitheater. Heres a copy of what was said about them on their website and on ATVConnection:

"Bear Creek Amphitheater Trails
2529 Downing Ave
East Sparta, OH
Park URL: OH Family Vacation Campgrounds OH RV Campground Sites OH Recreational Vacation Camping Ranches Resorts
Phone: (330) 484-3901
Nearest Town: Canton
Skill Level: 4=All Types

Trail Description: Bring your own ATV or Dirt Bike to ride on 26 miles of marked trails on 180 acres, 250 Ft. hill climb, woods and creeks.

Helmets are required. No children under age 8 permitted to ride.

Summer hours: Sat.-Sun. 8am to Dusk
Winter hours: Sat.-Sun. 8am - 7pm

Weekdays (3 or more riders): Advance Reservations Only.

Cost: $15.00 a person for adults and Children(8-10)/Passengers are $10.00 for trail riding only. Track is an extra $5.00 per person

All riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. trailers, canopies and even grilling is permitted."

To be honest the numbers seem impressive, but the place is actually kinda small, I had every trail rode out in about 4 hours. The "250ft hill-climb" is nothing impressive, I brought a friend who had never ridden before and he went up it on a sh*tty dirtbike with ease. This isn't a place I recommend for riding all the time, but if you're from Canton and you don't feel like driving out to Wellsville, this is a nice little place to have a little fun without making such an ordeal of it. Oh and don't waste your extra 5 dollars on the so called "track", it's a complete waste, not worth a dollar in my opinion. If you make reservations for a weekday it's pretty cool because not many people will show up, you pretty much get the place to yourself.

Just wanna bump this thread and see if anyone else has some input. My poor little Ford Ranger doesn't like to pull a 12 foot trailer for 2 or more hours to take my buddies and I riding so we'd really like to find someplace close to home, preferably someplace with a cover charge of $10 or less.

Anybody got any input for the Akron-Canton area?

Help a Blaster bro out if ya can!

I live in paiseville ohio I got a place in orwell but its a mud hole right now I was just there this weekend . Hey blaster03 were about u at in bula I used to live in the city were are places to ride I got 2 buddies and are looking for riding spots . we need to hook up ill give you my email. d.dogg669@gmail.com ill give you my # if you email me. Later