Tires/sprocket/swingarm setup for multi-purpose

Oct 30, 2017
PicsArt_01-16-08.50.57.jpg
What's going on fellas! So as some of you know, my blaster is undergoing a complete rebuild. I want to set it up for more towards MX, butttt I find it hard to steer away from my inner hill climb self. What would be the best tire/sprocket/swingarm setup that I could run for trail ride it, smash out a hill climb while I'm out, and still be able to run an MX race or a hare scramble? Was leaning towards 20x11x8 in the rear and 22x7x10 up front with a 14-40 sprocket setup and a +3 extended swingarm for trail/hate scramble/hill climbing, and then having a spare set of wheels on the side (18x10x9 in the rear and 20x6x10 up front) to swap to for MX and flat dirt/gravel riding. Sound about right? Gimme your opinions and what your currently running for those instances. Also, I am staying clear of kendas. Had them in the past and just personal preference don' like em. Possibly going with CST or GBC for MX and GBC or MAXXIS for all other

I prefer 22 on the back. I think if I needed fronts I would consider 23s
Bigger tires roll over and through stuff easier on trail.

You have a good plan so far. Though longer swinger would help on hills not sure about MX

Last edited:
Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
Yes sir but is all a matter of personal preference, i had 22s on my old blaster and they rubbed my heel guards and i could really only trail ride not hit jumps if i had a plus 2 or 4 swinger would be sweet but sold them to a guy with a warrior were the 22 10 9 on yfz rims

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
I prefer 22 on the back. I think if I needed fronts I would consider 23s
Bigger tires roll over and through stuff easier on trail.

You have a good plan so far. Though longer swinger would help on hills not sure about MX
Don't see a plus 3 swinger being an issue for MX use. I've seen it done before. Not to mention there are some mx quads out there that with aftermarket swingers and the work they have some to them They are the size of a blaster wuth a +3 on it