Time for a contest.

Blaaster

Staff member
Technician
Jul 18, 2011
eastern australia
Who would be interested in another contest?

I am willing to offer a substantial prize like a brand new DMC Alien exhaust system or something similar or around the same price.

One major rule would be that is open only to supporting members.

Post up some ideas on how the contest will be run.

I was thinking the posting of some short, clean, non racist jokes. Why not make it fun too.

Or a series of 2 stroke related questions, some easy, some hard and a few almost impossible, the person with the most correct answers would win.

Maybe someone who is willing to do some leg work could help make this happen.

I see one problem with jokes. Jokes can be funny to some and not to others, what would u use for judging criteria?

With questions at least there is a correct answer or a incorrect answer. I just see someone's feelings getting hurt over the joke contests.

I see one problem with jokes. Jokes can be funny to some and not to others, what would u use for judging criteria?

With questions at least there is a correct answer or a incorrect answer. I just see someone's feelings getting hurt over the joke contests.

Point taken, no jokes!I:II:I

My wife is so ugly that when she goes to apply her lipstick, it backs down the tube. So ugly that when she sits on the beach, the tide refuses to come in.

I win, no more jokes.

Re: Time for a contest

I was just thinking of making a thread like this...

And a DMC pipe would be nice!

I was thinking maybe some sort of raffle, pay a little money for a "ticket" in a "box" and draw/select someone with a random number gen.

I would be willing to make the contest, but if its for a DMC pipe i think i would want to enter ;) I:I :D

this is a great idea Gerry, and very generous of you I:I

Update on contest, how do you folks feel about an open order for up to $300.00, which is freight inclusive.

I am thinking of a few suppliers KOR, Rockymountain, JC Motors, ATV Galaxy. Maybe even try to work out a way to include suppliers on Ebay.

Can someone come up with some other reputable suppliers.

This would allow one to choose what they desire up to $300, I will arrange for it to be ordered, and pick up the bill.

If we get a good lot of entrants I may even offer up a runner up prize of $50.

The format could be a quiz of multiple choice questions or a raffle or combination of both.

If the choice be questions and answers a system will be introduced which will stop cheating.
Google all you want but you will not have access to others answers as they will somehow be hidden from your view..

I am still looking for ideas.

Last edited:
Nice idea blaaaster. Very generous of you. Raffle idea sounds good. Maybe something like a football pool? Or some type of prediction on something? . Questions seem ok but I'm hesitant to partake in them because there's some real real smart fellers on here and i don't think i would have a chance. Something with like 75% luck and 25% knowledge sounds good..

Nice idea blaaaster. Very generous of you. Raffle idea sounds good. Maybe something like a football pool? Or some type of prediction on something? . Questions seem ok but I'm hesitant to partake in them because there's some real real smart fellers on here and i don't think i would have a chance. Something with like 75% luck and 25% knowledge sounds good..

Point taken,.

I am now leaning toward 12 very easy multiple choice questions.

All participants returning correct answers (and that should be everyone) be issued a number, the winning number be then chosen by random, as in a raffle.

There too may be another condition that everyone post once, a phrase in the contest thread.