Them Mods

Jan 18, 2017
Maine
What're you guys running for mods? Thought I'd start a fun little thread to post what you have. Right now all I've got is a Pro Circuit muffler, as most of you probably know I'm working on getting the header on there too lol.

I can't remember what all I've done to my Blaster!!!
Oh no! Shoulda wrote a list and stuck it to the fridge lol.

get a modded cylinder head.
ported cylinder
and a 1/4 turn twist/ till wfo throttle,joking on that 1:)
*Supposedly* both our Blasters have engine work but I dunnnno lol. We'll have to tear them down one of these days and see, they're do for a rebuild anyway. And my pops has a twist throttle on it, don't like it, it scares me ahahahaha.

Re-chambered head,
Lightened flywheel,
FMF gold series with powercore 2,
K&N filter in a CFM air-box with outer wear on filter,
Drag wire harness

And a sh*t loud of other parts and custom bits.

Reactions: Thomas Jackson
My son and I have 5 Blasters at the present time, and he has 2 Banshees.
The stock Blaster head is the first thing to go. We have at least 7 custom heads floating around here for the Blasters and another 3 or 4 for the Banshee. We've experimented with both Hemi and Torroidal heads. My son favours Hemi, I favour Torroidal for the mid-range grunt. I don't think he uses mid-range.

With stock displacement Blasters we have experimented with 29mm, 34mm and 38/39mm carbs and a couple different airboxes. One of the fancy aluminum airboxes often bragged up on here turned out to be a real turkey, killing a lot of HP just due to intake tuning design. For most Blasters the stock carb and airbox is hard to beat.

I've got a 3mm stroked and Big Bore Kit Blaster that does have more torque and power than a stock Blaster, but not much more. We were able to get more power from stock displacement with head and porting mods. Not worth the $700-$800 invested. I do like its grunt, but it ain't no rocket.

Filling the intake reedbox with epoxy produced amazing results. The powerband kicked in sooner and revved further. As well, jetting was easier to accomplish and more consistent. I played with reed spacers but found the changes imperceptible. Same with transfer port mods or polishing and exhaust polishing. Hogged out intake and exhaust ports and overly high exhaust ports were all torque killers, as were the large carbs.

By experimenting with stuff one item at a time we were able to see what worked and what didn't. What does work is a good head chamber design, a good pipe, letting the stock airbox breathe, a well jetted stock carb, moderate compression, conservative porting. More displacement helps.

Having a goal in mind is important too. My son is building high revving track and sandpit machines, I am building trail machines. Each calls for different priorities.

Of course the ultimate Blaster mod is a 50hp KTM motor that weighs the same as the stock Blaster motor.
Sit down, shaddup and hang on!
199410_10150167877235803_120228_n.jpg

I feel I was too harsh on the BBK and stroker. They do deliver. I do like the extra grunt. Their price is steep, but if you were buying a crank or a cylinder kit anyway, the little bit extra would be a good investment. I don't believe it makes 32hp as advertized, maybe 25 by my butt dyno, but the low and mid rpm grunt is nice. If you are looking for big HP, it is always easier to find it with more displacement so it would be a good place to start. I've had no quality problems with either product.

I feel I was too harsh on the BBK and stroker. They do deliver. I do like the extra grunt. Their price is steep, but if you were buying a crank or a cylinder kit anyway, the little bit extra would be a good investment. I don't believe it makes 32hp as advertized, maybe 25 by my butt dyno, but the low and mid rpm grunt is nice. If you are looking for big HP, it is always easier to find it with more displacement so it would be a good place to start. I've had no quality problems with either product.
The previous owner of my bike said it was bored over and had work in it but I'm skeptical. Regardless of whether it was or not, I find it has plenty of power to do what I need. Our trails are pretty flat and well kempt, plus at 6'0, 174 pounds I'm not a heavy rider lol.

Where oh where to begin......
KOR Ported and polish cylinder
KOR head mod
+3m Stroker
Dyno Port Big Volume right bend and silencer
+3+1 ASR Long Travel A-Arms
Hydro Brakes all around, including Awks gsxr desgined rear caliper
Banshee rear axle
YFZ rims
Warrior Rear Hubs
+4 swingarm by the swingarm shop
Honda 250r Works front Shocks
Honda 300ex Rear shock with KOR bushing kit
V-Force 4 reeds and cage
Reed Spacer
Uni Air Filter
Six Pack Rack rear grab bar
Alba Front Bumper
LED Headlights with battery
Raptor Heal guards
Nerf bars by some brand, cant think.

Couple other little odds and ends.... I am sure I am missing something. Piston is only like .10 over, still using stock airbox with no lid, still using stock carb. Check out my build log! Motor was pulling so many ponies i broke off 2 motor mounts on its maiden voyage. That or I didnt tighten them all the way.....

BUILD LOG LINK

Reactions: Thomas Jackson
Where oh where to begin......
KOR Ported and polish cylinder
KOR head mod
+3m Stroker
Dyno Port Big Volume right bend and silencer
+3+1 ASR Long Travel A-Arms
Hydro Brakes all around, including Awks gsxr desgined rear caliper
Banshee rear axle
YFZ rims
Warrior Rear Hubs
+4 swingarm by the swingarm shop
Honda 250r Works front Shocks
Honda 300ex Rear shock with KOR bushing kit
V-Force 4 reeds and cage
Reed Spacer
Uni Air Filter
Six Pack Rack rear grab bar
Alba Front Bumper
LED Headlights with battery
Raptor Heal guards
Nerf bars by some brand, cant think.

Couple other little odds and ends.... I am sure I am missing something. Piston is only like .10 over, still using stock airbox with no lid, still using stock carb. Check out my build log! Motor was pulling so many ponies i broke off 2 motor mounts on its maiden voyage. That or I didnt tighten them all the way.....

BUILD LOG LINK
#goals lol. I plan on buying a 4.5 inch widening kit from J Diamond I think is what the name is. 169 dollars on eBay for 4.5 or 6 inch. Allows me to keep stock a arms and shocks, which I find comfortable enough. Also 4 inch wheel spacers for the rear, but I may end up just doing an extended axle, like a Durablue or something.