The blaster powered kx80

Blasterdude27

Nov 19, 2008
Just outside of fairbanks ak
Well if anyone remembers a while back I dug out my old kx80 that had a blown xr75 in it and had been sitting in my yard for years. Well I stripped it all down and cleaned it up, I've also been looking for a kx80/100 engine to no avail, so its getting blaster power! :D I'll be using my current blaster engine as a "guide" so I can make the custom sub frame and mounts, then when I'm done I'll pick up a blown up blaster for around $300 to use in it and put my good 03' engine back in my blaster.

HPIM1369.jpg

HPIM1370.jpg

Ok now I defiantly have fitment issues but its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have a friend that welds for a living so I have access to professional equipment ( and his help ) , so what I plan on doing is making a custom sub-frame to house the beast. And also the clutch cover practically sits on the brake pad so I'll need to heat it up and bend it out and in.

HPIM1371.jpg

HPIM1372.jpg

HPIM1374.jpg

This will be fun :D

Hahahahhaa looks sweet! Hope it all goes well! Lets see some pics on the updates.

Did some more today.

I finished grinding off the bottom mounts today.

HPIM1376.jpg

I also set the engine in and put the pivot bolt through the cases. Its going to need ground down for the sprockets to line up, its about 1/2" off.

Heres some more pics

HPIM1377.jpg

HPIM1378.jpg

HPIM1379.jpg

damn that thing is gonna be badass. and i would def get one of freeks case savers cuz that would suck for your chain to fall off and crack the case the firstime you ride it

dude you definatley need to make that bike chassis into a trike conversion.. that would be a VERY cool trike conversion setup... youi buddy the wleder can fab you up a swingarm.. then youi'll need a set of ATC triples.. would be WAAAAY cooler than it built as a dirtbike.. youi should see some fo teh bike-trike conversions.. cr500's kx500's yz 250's cr250's xr600's.. they turn out cool as hell.. i've thought of doing one myself.. in fact thought about doing a "pit trike" conversion with my xr100..

this trike stared as an XR600.. turned out pretty cool huh? i think later on itgot 350X plastic and really looked like a trike

Attachments

• xr600 conversion.jpg
    xr600 conversion.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 754
  • xr conversion 3.jpg
    xr conversion 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 457
  • xr600 conversion 2.jpg
    xr600 conversion 2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 751
Sick. Going to be a challenge. how about the pipe? i see its directly infront of the front frame tube and the sprokets gota line up so what are you going to do about the frame there?

Sick. Going to be a challenge. how about the pipe? i see its directly infront of the front frame tube and the sprokets gota line up so what are you going to do about the frame there?
The swing arm needs ground down for the sprokets to line up, and for the frame I'll make a custom sub frame. And the pipes going to be hell, I don't see how mine can work because half the pipe is in the way of my forks! I think I'm going to need a dyno port or power pros for it to work. I also have a problem with the carb, it fits, but the shock res is in the way of the filter.

I'll have more up later.

i think you should rename this the "holly sh*t" build...reason for it::

When its complete and you fired it up and pin the throttle ur gonna be screamin "holllyyyyy shiiittttttttttt!!!!!!!"