The Banzai Build....

The eagle has landed.....
20170822_202143.jpg

First time I've been able to put my weight on it since the end of April. The suspension feels AMAZING!

We'll call this a flash forward.... lol

I have lots of pics and accompanying text to upload, I just need to dedicate some time to do it.

I'm starting a 24 hour wrench session now. By this time tomorrow she has to be fully assembled and heat cycled. I'm hoping to take it to my friends place Saturday after work to get the plug chops done and the jetting sorted

Last edited:
Well, not even close to first fire yesterday... front alignment took over 3 hours...lots of head scratching and sore eyes... I'm trusting the tape measure....lol Steering damper, chassis skid and scoops mounted. I also added 1/2" of preload to the front shocks(not an easy task on the iShocks). I called it a day around 7pm last night.... hopefully by Monday..uugghh...

Well, not even close to first fire yesterday... front alignment took over 3 hours...lots of head scratching and sore eyes... I'm trusting the tape measure....lol Steering damper, chassis skid and scoops mounted. I also added 1/2" of preload to the front shocks(not an easy task on the iShocks). I called it a day around 7pm last night.... hopefully by Monday..uugghh...

I should have warned you about this lol. I was the same. Front end setup takes ages. :oops:

Reactions: BanzaiBlaster
I went to empty and flush the old fuel out of the tank and heard some abnormally loud clunking inside.
20170831_122554.jpg
20170831_123235.jpg

HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!?! Rocks this size could only get in while the cap was off. There was probably a tablespoon of sand and smaller rocks inside as well.... WOW.....

Can anyone spot the problem here? Found it while doing alignment......:(

too small of cotter key..... sucked the head thru the hole

I went to empty and flush the old fuel out of the tank and heard some abnormally loud clunking inside.......... smaller rocks inside as well.... WOW.....

those are flux capacitor mixing rocks, they help keep the fuel and oil mixed well for warp speed time travel o_O
only available on 2007 SE model blasters :D

Nope...
THE arm on the stem is twisted :(

??? I still cannot see anything wrong apart from the red paint chipped off the frame and there looks like something strange going on with that upper a-arm frame tube. Looks bent or something. Maybe its just the photo angle.

Take the stem off the quad and photo it. :)

If your looking for a steering stem, go with an antivibe. Your arms and hands will thank you.

and get +1 on top of that so you can do away with the extra handle bar clamps you are using to make the handles higher.

I'm running the Lone Star Racing Steering Stem and clamp.

Reactions: BanzaiBlaster
Where the tie rods attach is twisted. Low on the right, high on the left

Not a major problem. Take it off and twist it correct in the vise.

Wow, that quad is like new. You are doing an awesome job, but spending a lot of money.
That keeps the industry going I guess. Awesome build.

If you are over 5'10" you might find the handlebars a bit low.
I add 3" to the steering stem height for better ergonomics.
Some use a Banshee stem for this reason. Also lowering the pegs 1-2" helps.

Not a major problem. Take it off and twist it correct in the vise.

Wow, that quad is like new. You are doing an awesome job, but spending a lot of money.
That keeps the industry going I guess. Awesome build.

If you are over 5'10" you might find the handlebars a bit low.
I add 3" to the steering stem height for better ergonomics.
Some use a Banshee stem for this reason. Also lowering the pegs 1-2" helps.
Thanks Best! I'm going to ride it like this till the season ends. The left tie rod was binding as the suspension neared full droop so I just raised the upper shock mounts to the next position to shorten the downtravel a bit. This also gave me the front ride height I was shooting for. It definately hasnt been cheap but ive been buying parts since april and always being patient to get the best deal. The truth is the Blaster aftermarket is dying. Fifteen years ago there were twice the products to choose from...now? Better get while the getting good...lol... I'm still under 5k.... if I would've bought a used 450 and did the same that number would've at least doubled.. im pretty happy with it so far. Now to fire it up...so close!

Last edited: