Tail light problem

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
So I have an 05 blaster the headlights come on with the switch but the taillight does not, however when you hit the brakes the light does come on, could it be the bulb or something else?

I've checked it and it doesn't appear to be broken will change it out tomorow If the bulb isn't the problem where would I go from there

After looking at the wire diagram it looks like the blue wire is for the tail light. Yellow is for the brake and works with the lights on or off. I would look at the Blue wire and see if its broken or shorting out.

I removed all my lights so that's as much info I can give you.

Download service manual here.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Yamaha Blaster YFS200R Supplementary Service Manual-75.jpg

So I have an 05 blaster the headlights come on with the switch but the taillight does not, however when you hit the brakes the light does come on, could it be the bulb or something else?
This was posted a while ago I know but for any other people having this problem. They are taillights when u hit the brake it is supposed to let the people know that you are stopping not for being on 100% of the time unless you want to have a light back there.