Swing arm skid plates

Markblaster

Custom blaster
Dec 6, 2015
Hi all. Looking at replacing the stock swing arm skid plate as its getting out and is bent/dented up. looking at the aluminum ones.

Whats the best options? Any full length ones that cover the bottom shock linkage?

The only one I can get in my country is a AC skid plate. So looking that other options.

Thanks

I have run 2 armadillo guards. But im guessing those are out of reach as well for you

A few people despise the aluminum guards because they are weak even being thicker.

AWK buys stock ones and beefs them up, or makes his own

Importing them is fine. Had a look at that armadillo one. looks a little like the AC version.

Yeah see one post on this site about a person ripping the mounts off the aluminum skid plate.

My riding will be on little bit of sand mostly fine beach gravel and forest tracks. Not rivers or places with big rocks or big 4x4 ruts.

My stock one is pretty bent up. disc is about 3mm from touching the skid plate and the chain side is been up and looks like the chain has be riding on the skid plate at some point.

Anyone used the long swing arm skid plates like this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BLAS...ash=item43c2eb94bf:g:2asAAOSwU9xUQDft&vxp=mtr

Ended up buying that style. But in 1/4" (.250) thick. = 6.35mm for normal people. :)
bl080.jpg