stroker crank

qr4life

Jan 26, 2008
alright i hear everybody talking about these stroker cranks. are they shorter or longer? where can i get one and what other mods should i think about getting?

if u get a 4 mil or up u'll have to get your cases trenched...adn they come in regular and long.....

cases trenched? i havent heard of this. could you explain yourself when you say cases trenched because i have no idea what that is

they shave the material down around the bottom of the case on the inside so your crank and rod do not rub against it.

so qaudboy, you trenched your case because you have a 4mm correct? what did that cost you?

we stock the +3 cranks, as well as +4....

the +3 requires no modification to fit... the +4 needs some minor case milling for clearance.

Do these make that large of a gain? Does it come with a new piston assembly as well?

-Spence

Take it from some one that installs cranks in blasters. The ones that do not require case trenching have not impressed me at all.

The ones that we have installed in bikes that only do the trail ridding thing seem to hold up OK at best. These same cranks that have been installed, against my better judgment, in a bike that the owner really pounds on, like moto cross have failed causing major damage.

If you are going to a stroked crank, go the extra mile and do it right with a 3 or 4 mm crank that needs the cases trenched.

just a ?ion......but i though u...didnt have to trench ur cases for a 3 mil....or is thta just for the stuffer cranks?????

i had dave @ eastcoastatv do my motor they used to race blasters alot...and if you look at their pro team they have some good people. i'm not sure what the exact price was somewhere in the 800 range. that included everything i dropped of a motor and stroker crank and got back a fully done motor. it was already ported so i saved money there if you get a stroker crank you won't feel it nearly like u should unless you are ported. so i saved money there. the power difference is amazing i wanna go taller gearing than 14/38 b/c it still lifts more than i want. also i'm limited by a 34mm carb right now. if that gives you an idea of how much air i'm moving.

just a ?ion......but i though u...didnt have to trench ur cases for a 3 mil....or is thta just for the stuffer cranks?????

If you have a true 3mm stroked crank it hasn't had the bottom of the connecting rod ground away to clear the cases.

The theory behind this is that the rod is only stressed on the power stroke. this couldn't be further from the truth. There is sooo much stress on the crank in all directions that it needs all the strength it can get.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me pittboss45...1 add rep point for u