Stock rear shock bump stop replacement.

Blaster8821

Sep 4, 2014
I have an 88 blaster and the bump stop has fully disintegrated over the years on the rear shock. I went to my Yamaha dealer and they no longer make them and I have searched all over for them on ebay. My two options are to find a new bump stop or have someone help me find works or elka shocks for a reasonable price. I have a 400ex shock but wasn't happy that I would have to cut the rear fender.

I have an 88 blaster and the bump stop has fully disintegrated over the years on the rear shock. I went to my Yamaha dealer and they no longer make them and I have searched all over for them on ebay. My two options are to find a new bump stop or have someone help me find works or elka shocks for a reasonable price. I have a 400ex shock but wasn't happy that I would have to cut the rear fender.

the 400ex shock doesn't require any cutting of anything, just the KOR bushings/bolt for the top mount
it may rub the airbox, but a little grease will ease that.

the 450r shock with the offset rezzie requires the front right mounting tab on the fender and frame to be cut off.
the 400ex does not, and thats your best bet right now, the stock shock isn't worth repairing or even buying another used one.