Stock needle 5j22

EvanR335

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys... I've searched everywhere and can't find a stock needle for my blasters carburator..

The one I bought has come with the Vito's blue needle, looks like it has been in there a while and I've heard they are sh*tty

I need a rebuild kit while I'm at it for the gaskets but somehow I doubt they come with the correct needle for my carb.

Any help?? It's not on jets r us either

How does it run with that needle ?

I use the Vito's needle on a ported engine, Vito's reeds, Fat Bastard pipe and it works fine for me.
IIRC , the needle is slightly shorter than stock, making it a bit richer in mid-range just before it's on the main jet. So actually it's on the main jet sooner for the same amount of slide opening.

Try Carb Parts Warehouse in Ohio.
Google it.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't care for those kits, call CPW and get only what you need, you don't need another stock main jet. Plus I wonder about the quality of the rubber parts.

Last edited:
this is stock to for more options:)
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/0
28.png

also they changed the needle in 03-06 models
and probably stopped making that
5J22-2 jet needle and replaced it with
5JFJ34-3.
It is written in the service manuals
and the part numbers are different when you look at
let's say 2002 blaster carb parts
then 2003 blaster carb parts.
i also have heard toomey mention it on there web site.
and i have read simular things on here as well.
one example http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/toomey-b1-exhaust-kit.46842/

toomey jet needle.jpg

Hey thanks for all the help/replies! My blaster is a 2002, runs fine with the Vito's needle but was also running fine with multiple air leaks and a 340 main jet

I'm not running it anymore until I get it fixed up with new seals and what not but I figured might as well get the stock needle back in there since I've never heard anything good about vitos needle.

So speedyslyder it seems like Rocky mountain has it as #28 like you mentioned...good find. So either one of those needles would be considered stock/are interchangeable?