Stock heel guards.

pudvah

I just wanna rip.
Mar 6, 2015
Griswold, Connecticut
I went to put my stock heel guards on yesterday and they didn't fit cause they hit the tire. I have 20x11-8s. Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do? I really want to have the protection back there but don't want to put stock rims back on with the holeshots. I like the Douglas rims and klaws

I went to put my stock heel guards on yesterday and they didn't fit cause they hit the tire. I have 20x11-8s. Has anyone one else had this problem? And what did you do? I really want to have the protection back there but don't want to put stock rims back on with the holeshots. I like the Douglas rims and klaws
Just a thought, try flipping the rims around. I think there's a little offset, and it may put the rims to close to that bracket.

It hits the inside of the tire. So I would assume spacers would push the tire out far enough to fit them on there but I've always been iffy on spacers I don't want to bend my axle jumping

Just try flipping the tires. Meaning take the wheel off, and turn it 180 degrees, and see if it rubs. Your pretty much flipping the rims. They could have mounted the tires backwards if their directional. I just dont know what your offset is? Or just get a banshee axle, haha.

I'll give it a shot. Although after looking at your blaster I really like how it sits with smaller rims in the back. I have a good pair of ITP on 8s. Just worried about ground clearance out here in New England.

I'll give it a shot. Although after looking at your blaster I really like how it sits with smaller rims in the back. I have a good pair of ITP on 8s. Just worried about ground clearance out here in New England.
I run 9" rims with 20" tires. I have plenty of clearance. I just remember in your case putting my rims on one time. I was a bit tipsy, and they rubbed. The next day I put them on and they were fine. I believe I had them flipped.

Reactions: pudvah
If flipping doesn't work is there a bolt up set of nerfs that extends out to heel as well? Most nerfs I've seen cover the front of the peg not rear they just hook into the stock heel guards. I have to get a new left peg too cause it's vent and doesn't line up with the guard , unless I can bend it back.

if you valve stem is on the inside, i would think that would be the way that pushes the tires in more...

i had that problem on my first blaster though. they were such wide tires

Reactions: pudvah
I got my heel guards mounted up yesterday, flipping the rims did work and gave me a wider stance pshhhh 2 birds with one stone. Actually 3 I can friggen put air in my tire without having to stretch arm strong. Thanks again. Now just have to get them painted up, if only I got this bike before my son was born so I actually had real time to sit with it.

image.jpg
So I finally painted my heel guards and I like how they came out a lot. My question is should I clear coat them or will they be fine the way they are. I did 2 coats of primer then 2 coats of paint.