Steve got a new job

best

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
www.glinx.com
Hey guys, I didn't know where to put this, but "introductions" sounded better than "off-topic".
It is kinda "on-topic" where I got into this forum to learn. I've been offered a position at a local Community College to teach Industrial Mechanics to 2nd and 3rd year students. Only a term position, but great to see if I like it and it likes me.

It's been rather sudden. I've done well at my present job greatly expanding our company over the past two years. Company secure, I was looking for more challenge, more pay. Last week I put in my notice for January. Put a resume in to several agencies and posted on-line, got a few offers. Over the weekend someone mentioned the college was looking for a teacher, I send a resume. I got the word today they want me to start Monday. My head is spinning.

It is less pay than industry, but also less stress. I also feel it is more important. I've mentioned I believe lifelong learning and new experience is the key to true happiness. I also strongly believe that our worth to humanity is not what we accumulate, but what we give to others. Nova Scotia a bit of a "have-not" area of the country and industry is key to keeping people here. Hopefully I can contribute to that.

(grammar errors are on purpose, I ain't gonna be that kinda teacher)

Reactions: bummer981
Thanks guys.
Yes, I think back on my machine shop teacher who inspired us that a trade is more than just a way to make money. He actively encouraged us to work on home projects and unlocked the shop an hour early for us each morning. Imagine a teenager arriving an hour early for school!

Congratulations Steve!! I love it when the right things fall in to place at the right time!! "Best" of luck to you. Sounds like a great quality of life move.