Stator testing???

mac2mac

Jan 31, 2011
New York
Does anyone know how to use a muti reader to test if all the coils on a stator are good?? I wonder if they have it in the yamaha repair book.

Its a stock stator so I just want to test if it works so I can sell it and not worry about ripping someone off. I know it worked when it came off the bike but I want to double check.. Do you know if it tells you how to test it.

It tells you how to test it. But Ill tell you too since I just tested one :)

You use a digital multimeter and ohm out the resistance between the black wire and the black/red wire. Resistance should be between 192 and 288 ohms

And then you ohm out resistance between the black wire and the white/red wire. Resistance should be between 16-24 ohms.

Note, temprature will affect the readings. The manual says its testing at 68 degrees farenheit.

Reactions: Sauce440
It tells you how to test it. But Ill tell you too since I just tested one :)

You use a digital multimeter and ohm out the resistance between the black wire and the black/red wire. Resistance should be between 192 and 288 ohms

And then you ohm out resistance between the black wire and the white/red wire. Resistance should be between 16-24 ohms.

Note, temprature will affect the readings. The manual says its testing at 68 degrees farenheit.

Thanks that is going to help me..Then I can show you it works so you can buy it...lol .. I need you help on something else too. When you asked about the seat I had ,I was selling parts to someone else and I send them the seat by mistake thinking it was you. Long story short I just told him to sell it and I gave him a good deal on it. He basically paid next to nothing for it cause I did free shipping.. See if he will sell it to you for cheap here is his profile...thanks http://www.blasterforum.com/members/lindso-2729/

I just tested mine like stated above and all my readings are correct. is the yellow/red wire used for the lights and stuff? if mine is disconnected should it be fine?

Hi Folks, looking for a bit of help here...i looking at a blaster 200cc for a friend! The bike starts first second kick but was cutting out when reving it! i sorted this issue with the TORS system and it was running fine. He left if outside and water got into the stator area because of a small crack in the caseing. Its start now but wont rev up, this chokes itself. I have remoed the stator and it was completely rusted up, aswell as the fly wheel. i have tested the ohms between the white/red and black and its reading 20.4 ohms. i have tried reading from the black/red to the black and it dosent register. Have any of you seen this before and am i testing the stator correctly. many thanks
Paul