Starting problems

roadrunner

Mar 16, 2012
I bought Blaster and starts on the first kick everytime. I was running it trying to get the old gas out of it and was going strong for about 5 minutes at idle and then stalled. So now I can not get it started if my life depended on it. I put a new spark plug in and filled it with new gas. Anyone can help please?X(

check to see if it is getting spark by pulling the plug, keep the coil on top of the plug, place the bottom of the plug against bare metal and check for blue spark.

Do a compression test to get an idea of the condition of your motor. Check spark,check if there is raw fuel on the plug, check reeds.

ok step 1 take the sparkplug out step 2 take some 2stroke gas and put it in where the sparkplug goes step 2 put the plug back in step3 kick it a few times and it should start if it doesent then i dont know what to tell you

ok step 1 take the sparkplug out step 2 take some 2stroke gas and put it in where the sparkplug goes step 2 put the plug back in step3 kick it a few times and it should start if it doesent then i dont know what to tell you

No, No, No, and again No!

Not a smart idea to put fuel in the spark plug hole, premix has absolutly no lubricating qualities, even though it has oil in it..

No oil will be getting to the bottom end, thats is where it does its work..

As advised check first to see if you have spark, if you have a good blue spark the problem could be with your carby.

If it has been idling for 5 minutes, there is a possibility that it could have built up a gutful of oil in the crankcase

Clean the carb, as it reads as though you have been draining the dregs and may have inherited a heap of crap.

Last edited:
well that was the advice i was given

Someone has given you some wrong advice!

If you have to pour fuel into the plughole to start a motor, any motor, there must be a serious underlaying problem.

If a motor has good compression and has a leak free and clean working fuel system, it should start by using the choke.

If there is an air leak, blocked or wrong size jets, or incorrect float level, then the motor could be coaxed into starting by chucking fuel into the plug hole.

Each time fuel is poured into the plug hole, the life of the motor becomes shorter as the fuel dilutes the ring lubrication causing them to run dry in the bore.

Pre mix has absolutly no lubricating qualities unless it goes in through the crancase.

Do yourself a favour and do some diagnostics on your starting problem before it costs you heaps of money, if it hasn't done so already.

Check the compression, do a leak down test, and give the carby a good cleaning. If nothing else it will save you a s**t load of time taking that plug in and out,

I would hate to think what the threads are like in the head.

well its got good compression just had the mechanic put a new carb kit in it

get a new mechanic.

Like others have said you will toast your lower end.

the fuel with the oil goes through the bottom end then moves up to the top end.

exhaust_2two-stroke.gif

This is how a basic 4 stroke works

4-Stroke-Engine.gif

You should count that as a bonus not having to put fuel in the plug hole every time you want to ride.

For peace of mind it would be a good idea to do a leak down test to see if you have an air leak.