starting point.

ddwilson1

May 5, 2009
Carmel IN
I just rebuilt the top end bored to 20 over and added new FMF power core exhaust. Can not find model on it but Kehein 33mm. Any suggestions where to
start jet wise?
Doug

Im in the same boat with a Keihin 33mm PWK. I have a shear head pipe with FMF turbine core 2 silencer. Also have a clamp on K&N filter. Im running a 140 main and a 48 pilot and it runs but has no power. I think its rich. Im going to buy some jets tomorrow and try some lower numbers.

Is your cylinder ported. 33mm is a little to big for a stock unported motor imo. If you have your old carb put it back on. I don't know what elevation you ride. We ride at sea level and it's a 270 or 280 main with an fmf. Pilot is stock (32.5) and clip in the middle. You will still have to plug chop, but this should get you close.

it is the carb that was on it when I got it do not have another one to try. it was ported by the previous owner but not sure how well it was done. The problem was the way it had been bored or honed out of round and lost compression so had it done correctly and a piston matched to it. It was reasonably quick with the unifilter on it and air box lid removed before so will try to use it.
Doug