sprokets

dent

May 22, 2015
north carolina
Gots another question. I was thinking of going from a 13 tooth sprocket to a 15 tooth. I just put on a new chain that is pretty snug on the 13 tooth. What woul I have to do about the chain I just put on a red one cause the blaster is a rat bike scheme. I don't want to replace with a larger chain. Was thinking on adjusting the axle housing at the swing arm any good advise would help alot

If your adjustment is all the way out, it might work. but probably not. you would have to add a link more than likely

also with a 15T sprocket you will need to trim the stater cover guard to make it fit.

and if your engine is stock, it will struggle to pull the higher gearing. so i suggest put your limit at 14T
a 15T will give you a little more top end speed, but lose more power in the low than it's worth

Be advised that when one chances a sprocket, ( wether it be front or rear) the other one and the chain should be replace at the same time.

Chains and sprockets wear as a set and should not be mixed and matched.

An old sprocket can render a new chain useless in just a few rides, not to mention the extreme chance of breaking the chain and the problems that can cause.

you could go down in teeth on the back sprocket like 39 or 38 tooth it does the same thing( raises top speed). Putting on a 15 tooth sprocket isn't worth possibly damaging the increasingly hard to find left side crank cases

Ya I'll stick with going with a stock New sprocket just wasn't sure if I should try to squeeze a little more speed out of a part I'm going to replace thanks guys.

I have a new 13,41,and 44 tooth sprockets if any of that helps you.

And the chain? If you use your old chain with new sprockets you can chew them up/snap a chain putting a hole in your case. That's what he was getting at.

Well the chain is new the motor is off the frame and broken down I'm replacing the sprockets as well was wondering how much speed I would gain out of a 15t sprocket but I'm going with the stock 13t sprocket I just ordered so it'll be a new motor sprocket and chain and ordering a new axle sprocket before it's even going to be started for the first time