Spray Guns

MercMenace

Mountain Man
Apr 27, 2014
Cheyenne, Wy
I am in the market for a spray gun or 2. I know I want a compressor driven HVLP gravity feed. I will probably pick up a smaller detail gun and a larger cover gun.

Looking for you guys that paint to throw your 2 cents in and give some reviews on the guns you like and dislike.

Binks makes the nice ones. I get good results from a Kobalt ($50) from Lowes in everyday use. I have also seen descent results from a Northern Hydraulic gun for around 35$. We spray lacquer and oil based paints on furniture and cabinets alot. They are all gravity feed running at 40 psi.

I have a devilbiss finish line 3 series gun. Excellent control, adjustments work very well and cleaning is a breeze. I just shot a few things with it today. Its a nice gun for the hobbies. I shoot lacquer, urethane, and enamel paints with it and im always pleased with the results.

Snap-on also offers some nice affordable blue point guns that work well at a decent price. If your figuring on doing auto paint as a side job or money maker in general - sata guns are professional quality, cost professional price and when used correctly. You can tell the difference in spades