Split my case, found a speed hole!

Pezgoon

Mar 21, 2019
Hey so I picked up this blaster last year. P/o had put in a new piston but I cannot remember if he said he split the case or not (thought he did but can’t remember) and sold it with issue of being unable to get it to idle. From my testing it would just run away (air leak) so I did leak down testing and found air leaking through the tranny vent.

Looked it up and everything pointed to the cases not being sealed. I finally got to splitting the case and it does look like it had been closed up without sealant, but then I also found and extra breathing hole in the crankcase. (See pictures) it looks like the counterweight contacted the back of the crankcase and cracked one side and ripped a piece out of the other.

Obviously I’m looking into getting a new case but I’m just curious if I should be worried about when swapping everything over (as all my parts seem in good shape) if I should be worried about anything like the bearings that hold the counterweight. Could it had been from the case not having been sealed or from extra slop in the counterweight bearings or something? Just curious if I should be worried about just swapping my parts over

pics

https://imgur.com/a/DrHHo1V

Hey so I picked up this blaster last year. P/o had put in a new piston but I cannot remember if he said he split the case or not (thought he did but can’t remember) and sold it with issue of being unable to get it to idle. From my testing it would just run away (air leak) so I did leak down testing and found air leaking through the tranny vent.

Looked it up and everything pointed to the cases not being sealed. I finally got to splitting the case and it does look like it had been closed up without sealant, but then I also found and extra breathing hole in the crankcase. (See pictures) it looks like the counterweight contacted the back of the crankcase and cracked one side and ripped a piece out of the other.

Obviously I’m looking into getting a new case but I’m just curious if I should be worried about when swapping everything over (as all my parts seem in good shape) if I should be worried about anything like the bearings that hold the counterweight. Could it had been from the case not having been sealed or from extra slop in the counterweight bearings or something? Just curious if I should be worried about just swapping my parts over

pics

https://imgur.com/a/DrHHo1V
It is up pretty high but If i had guess. I think that is from the previous piston skirt breakin off. But definitely check balance shaft bearings for smooth rotation and up and down or side to side movment.and gear for for excessive play.either can cause serious damage if they come apart