Spitting and sputtering in powerband

Brenden Duso

Jan 13, 2018
I have low end bog and just recently started getting some sputtering and sputtering in the powerband , carb is clean and ideas

List ALL mods and jet sizes in carb. Low end bog might be fixed with air screw adjustment.
When you cleaned carb did you remove Jets to ensure that you could see through them ? Set float level?

Mods are full fmf fatty with powercore 2 silencer , tors delete with Vito’s idle screw kit , open air box , not sure what jets are have not looked but I plan on it today , around what size should they be with those mods , and I will set floats and tune air screw today as well and see if that helps

Fmf calls for 260 main jet 32.5 pilot third clip needle. Adjust for temperature and elevation. I'd add one size for air box.
So start with a 270 minimum.
Even though it calls for 1 1/2 on the air screw you may need more or less. Change a little at a time and test. Every machine is different, that's why it's called fine tuning.

Fmf calls for 260 main jet 32.5 pilot third clip needle. Adjust for temperature and elevation. I'd add one size for air box.
So start with a 270 minimum.
Even though it calls for 1 1/2 on the air screw you may need more or less. Change a little at a time and test. Every machine is different, that's why it's called fine tuning.
Tuned airscrew which took most of the low end bog away , definitely needs to be rejjeted tho , order a jet kit and once it comes in I’ll adjust needle and floats and rejet and I think that will have it going good