spacer

Youll find an intake spacer wont add much hp for an upgrade bit it dos tend to chage the torque curve a tinny tinny amount. Shaving the stock head may help abit but its more recommended to rechamber the head.

It just adds clearance to run a larger carb.I dont beleive it improves anything beond that.

It does more than add clearance to run a bigger carb.

I moves the power band either up or down , depending where it is installed.

Between the reeds and the jug, the power comes on at a lower rev.

Between the boot and the reeds the power is moved into the upper register.

You cannot use a block with VF3 reeds as it will just not fit.

No jetting changes are needed as it does not change the breathing.

To gain the maximum low down peformance, with a spacer between the reeds and the jug, a +4 timing advance really does compliment it well.

It seems to work really well, especially in the low/mids, with a slightly richer mixture than the optimum.

It does more than add clearance to run a bigger carb.

I moves the power band either up or down , depending where it is installed.

Between the reeds and the jug, the power comes on at a lower rev.

Between the boot and the reeds the power is moved into the upper register.

You cannot use a block with VF3 reeds as it will just not fit.

No jetting changes are needed as it does not change the breathing.

To gain the maximum low down peformance, with a spacer between the reeds and the jug, a +4 timing advance really does compliment it well.

It seems to work really well, especially in the low/mids, with a slightly richer mixture than the optimum.

i run a reed spacer with vf3s and it fits

My bad, I missed out a few words, let me re-type.

You cannot use a block between the jug and VF3 reeds as it will just not fit.

91d8ea3b.jpg

/\ /\ /\ Well I sure got that wrong.

An off the shelf spacer won't fit mine, did you have to make any adjustments to either the reeds or the spacer.

If so, what did you do?

IMO the first mods I would do is install some carbon fiber boyesen reeds and pipe it along with a high flow filter.These mods you would half to rejet and it will wake that blaster up quite a bit.

i wonder what sort of effect adding a larger spacer would do. like 2in or something, im pretty sure the carb cap comes close to a frame cross bar. i have 2 1/2in spacers but couldnt install it cuz my tors system was to big. i have it deleted now so it may work...

A larger spacer between the reeds and jug will increase the crankcase volume, therefore decrease the pressure and velocity of the air/fuel charge delivered to the cylinder.

This will limit the incoming charge, and the affect exhaust scavange, resulting in a poor burn.

It would be an interesting experiment to do, just to see how thick a spacer one could run, without loosing performance.

I have not done my math when it comes to placing the spacer between the reeds and the carb.

A larger spacer between the reeds and jug will increase the crankcase volume, therefore decrease the pressure and velocity of the air/fuel charge delivered to the cylinder.

This will limit the incoming charge, and the affect exhaust scavange, resulting in a poor burn.

It would be an interesting experiment to do, just to see how thick a spacer one could run, without loosing performance.

I have not done my math when it comes to placing the spacer between the reeds and the carb.

me rindo ,no entiendo ,sirve o no sirve .gracias

Reed spacer block.

Lo hace más que añadir la autorización para ejecutar un carburador más grande. Me mueve la banda de potencia ya sea hacia arriba o hacia abajo, dependiendo de donde está instalado. Entre los juncos y la jarra, el poder se enciende en un rev inferior. Entre el inicio y las cañas el poder se mueve en el registro superior. No hubo cambios chorro son necesarios ya que no cambia la respiración. Para sacar el máximo de baja por performance, con un espaciador entre las cañas y la jarra, un avance de la sincronización cuatro realmente cumplido bien. Parece que funciona realmente bien, especialmente en las frecuencias medias bajas o con una mezcla de un poco más rico que el óptimo.

Un espaciador más grande entre las cañas y jarra aumentará el volumen del cárter, por lo tanto disminuir la presión y la velocidad de la carga de aire / combustible suministrada al cilindro. Esto limitará la carga entrante, y el scavange efecto de escape, que resulta en una quemadura pobres. Sería un experimento interesante que hacer, sólo para ver cómo un espaciador de espesor se podría correr, sin perder rendimiento. Yo no he hecho mis cálculos, cuando se trata de colocar el espaciador entre las cañas y los hidratos de carbono de la.

Por supuesto, espero que el traductor está trabajando muy bien, como no tengo ni idea de cómo se traduce ..

I sure hope the translator is working ok, as I have no idea how it is translating..

im interested, i think keeping the reeds tight with the jug is best to keep crankcase vol down. but i am curious to the space between the reeds and carb. i know the stock intake boot has a little lip inside to direct flow straight at the reeds, a bigger space there may bugger how knows?? i may try with this setup with my pro-tec intake