South Pedlar ATV Trail System

NDADIRT

Oct 17, 2008
Nelson County Virginia
Just wondering if everyone knows about this and do any of you ride here? I just went for the first time last week and we had a blast. Its in the George Washington National Forest sorta between Natural Bridge and Madison Heights. The main trail is like a 12 mile loop with lots of side trails and obsticles.

I have heard of the place just have'nt been yet. When the shop is done with my exhaust and brakes i plan on going though.

hey racer, west on 82 ok. how about a town its near and possible a round about time that way maybe we all can get together. maybe sometime near the end of july. let me know what you all think

This is not for a beginner trail rider!!!You all better train on a mountain bike a couple hours a day or your legs will be shot the next day !!! Ok ive been there on my banshee its off 130 near natural bridge real close to 81 va... It costs $5.00 for the day or you can get a season pass for $30.00 !!! Its real close to me so i may be there look for pro circuit dressed out banshee flying !!! Ok a little about the trails its really fun, Theres about 20 miles in all.. Theres a jump like every 70 to 90 ft at the very begining id say theres maybe 60 of them and more through out !!! There small 2 to 4 ft,Some are straight up like a wall and some are ski jumps depending on which way your going and you better hit them pritty good cause on the other side of each is sometime huge puddles , Theres parts with rocky terrain in what they call the outer lope,Theres spots where creeks run across trail,Theres large mud pits you better have 4x4 if you try one these are off main trail and marked!!! there are some spots where u can stop and rest take photos of mountains, Id say in all if you putt around you will get beat up!! I pritty much flying wide open the extra air time helps to hit half the sh*t there!!! O you better putt in the blind turns or you will end up running straight into someone head on ok i almost had it happen twice the other day!!! there have been people killed from hitting trees most spots are from 5 to 20ft wide so in some spots youll have to get off trail if someones comes other way,There is no one direction on these trails,early morning is best before it gets packed plus after so many they shut trails to prevent accidents!! Is patroled by game warden but they look for people in trouble or check for passes or call air lift to get the injured out !!!

Last edited:
I've never heard of this place but it sounds like a good place to ride. It's not to far from me actually