Some parts I got for a good price

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
So im rebuilding my blaster and i broke the ball joint on one of the a arms so i got a whole set with brake assembly's and cables and tie rods and they came with a arm skids All for just $10 which id say is an awesome deal since all i really needed was one a arm. Also theres a pic of the stem and bars in the backround which i just finished painting and the swingers in there which needs another coat of paint then cleared. I also got those nerfs for 20 bucks which are dg steel series which were only on a quad for a few hours. They are a little dirty but in great shape and the nets are good. theres only one problem....there for a banshee. i can bolt them on how they are but...they are really close to the front tires and im afraid at some point the tires might come into contact with them so my idea is to get flat bar(not sure what thickness yet or length)and drill 4 holes in it. 2 will be for the bolts that will bolt the flat bar to the frame the other 2 will be for the nerf bars to bolt to the flat bar. i can make this piece as long or as short as i want depending on how far back i want the nerf bars. This is the best idea ive came up with to make these nerfs fit. feel free to comment if you have any better ideas that may bw simpler or if you see any problems with my idea.

Attachments

• 120514-201527.jpg
    120514-201527.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 120514-201531.jpg
    120514-201531.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 124
  • nerfs.jpg
    nerfs.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 130
I think the nerf idea will work out good. Your saying that you'd be fabricating "spacers" to shift the bars back a little, correct? Sounds like it would work perfectly.

I would say 3/16 flat should be good if only moving a touch back, have to watch you don't get to close to rear tires. I slid a chunk of fuel line on the U-bolts and some thick rubbery stuff under the nerfs to protect the paint on the frame.

Good score I:I

Thats a good idea to keep the nerfs from scratching the frame ill have to remember that so i dont mess up my new paint. Depending on how far i move them back should i get thicker flat bar? It will probably be moved about 2-3 inches back bc if i mounted them now they are 1/2-1 inch away from the front tires which is too close for comfort

It's also relative to how wide the bar is. That far back I'd go 1/4 x 1 1/2 maybe 2. You never know if it's to strong, only to weak. Don't forget that you should also get longer bolts, grade 8, or class 10.2 (or what ever metric is)

1/4 x 2 is way plenty. Be aware Banshee frames aren't symetrical. You may have to use 1/2" spacers on the right side between nerf and extension to get them even. Any place the nerfs come apart use some anti-seize or at least grease on it. My son's come apart in the center and at the pegs.

Draw imajinary center line on banshee, right side is a little wider, weird huh. Lay one half of nerf on top of other and see if they are same.

Edit: Just went out and laid one on top of other, one (right side) is good inch shorter :eek:.

Don't matter as your's is custom application anyways, just be aware and deal with it. 8-|

Last edited:
If you're not worried about being an inch narrower on one side it's real easy. If you gotta have it equal on both sides it'll take a hair more work. Post some pics when you get them on.

I'm going to try to get them atleast close to even. It will be awhile before I put them on. My quad is in pieces right now so hopefully next weekend it will be all back together and I can put them on and get some pics