skate-board wheel chain roller.

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
so hey guys i thought id make a tutorial out of this since i'm too cheap to buy chain rollers right now and had wheels sitting around.

Anyways first you will need:
skateboard wheel:
002_zpsd92890da.jpg

bolt, 2 washers, a nut, a lock-nut: (yes it is straight the lenses on my gopro does tht)
003_zps30a0eded.jpg

drill bit/screw gun:
004_zpscfce46e8.jpg

and a saw-zall/hacksaw (hacksaw for if you have swing-arm removed i don't think it will fit otherwise)

First: remove old roller (if any is left) cut the shaft for the roller off.
007_zps69cd8a9a.jpg

^^removed i forgot a before picture
Second: take your drill bit slightly larger than bolt.
009-1_zps33646995.jpg

Third: slid bolt into hole, and tighten nut on the other side, slid a washer onto bolt then your wheel, washer, and lock-nut.
010-1_zpse96603a9.jpg

Fourth: your done congrats on your super cheap and easy chain roller.
011-1_zps8feaa9bb.jpg

Note: i believe now you can run dirt bike chain rollers now as i think the bearings are the same on skate wheels and dirt bike chain rollers.

Note Note: you can also do the same thing to the bottom but the wheel is alittle large so maybe mounting in a bolt sticking it in a drill press and filling it down somehow would make it fit better

This would be a nice sticky if y'all find it helpful.

Top marks and some green rep for a great tutorial.

On the cheaper side of things, I just cut a teflon chopping board with a 2" hole saw and pop 2 of the discs on the roller mounting.

Bonus is that is you get to keep the roller shaft.

PS. The chain seems a little slack.

note to you all the bottom wheel needs to be made smaller............ or its alittle to big for its place..... it works but idk if id trust it