Sigs

i thought they did?? but i do see HUGE ones every now and then, how does that happen?? if this is about forum space i bet there are 1,500 accounts that are inactive and should be deleted if possible.

i agree with both above statements, i'm at my girls on her laptop with an att connect card (which sucks) kinda slow conection, and to load an overy large sig pic is ridiculous, and yes, lets clean out some unused members to reclaim some space on the server, i say anything over 6 months old has gotta go

When directly uploaded from your computer, they are resized.....looks like supernoober did that....?...I have also.

When someone uploads to a picture hosting site (photobucket, tinypic, etc.) you have the option of choosing the size you want your pictures to be....so copying the

Last edited:
There should be a way to limit the size of linked pictures. There is for sure on avatars. It's mostly a problem for me when I am on my HTC Hero viewing the forum.

Somewhere in the VBulletin control panel there should be Signature Perms with some settings you can play with under usergroups.

What it should be is a picture size limit of 500x150 pixels.
...this size is pretty much the normal limit on forums nowadays.

When you come across images of greater size than this, you should remove it and replace it with a reminder of the size limit. Continued and repeated disregard of this limit will result in involuntary vacations.

The easiest way is to install this add-on where you can limit sig pictures by pixels.
HS - External Signature Image Size Limiter - vBulletin.org Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I think signatures should have limited picture sizes in them.

chad I:I

Agree 100%, and not only sig pics but the pics attached to posts because some are so huge it messes up the entire post. Basically, letting you know that this is on the list to do and I am aware of this problem.

Agree 100%, and not only sig pics but the pics attached to posts because some are so huge it messes up the entire post. Basically, letting you know that this is on the list to do and I am aware of this problem.

when i try and post a pic in a thread i usually have to crop it and stuff just to get a thumbnail, how do people get such huge pics??

when i try and post a pic in a thread i usually have to crop it and stuff just to get a thumbnail, how do people get such huge pics??
Copy and paste the code from photobucket or the like into where you type your message.

Also heres another thing for your sig.

if you copy the "direct link" from photobucket and paste it to "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" click "upload", then once it loads it click "insert picture" It will be resized to 360x360 or smaller then 1mb.