Shifting problems

Boostwhipped

Jun 11, 2017
Hey guys I just had my motor rebuilt took it out today and it would die every time I put it in gear. I adjusted the clutch cable took me awhile to get it to the exact point where it won' die but it' very touchy now. Basicly no play in the clutch what so ever either full go or none is that common?
Second question it will not shift unless the machine is moving. Lefts say I'm cruising in 3rd gear pull the clutch in come to a stop it will down shift to 2nd but not nutual or 1st. But if I'm moving it will down just Fine? Why is that?

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Why ?? Because of the design. If you look at the gears, they have what's called "dogs" that engage the gears, not gear teeth . One or the other of the trans shafts have to be moving.

Good question though !!

So on these blasters when I'm riding when I go to slow and come to a complete stop I have to down shift a gear let the clutch out then plus the clutch back in down shift again let the clutch back out and keep repeating till I'm back in N or 1st?

Reactions: Larry's Shee
So on these blasters when I'm riding when I go to slow and come to a complete stop I have to down shift a gear let the clutch out then plus the clutch back in down shift again let the clutch back out and keep repeating till I'm back in N or 1st?

no, with the clutch pulled and some light taps on the shifter should shift it down thru all the gears, with the engine running and the internals spinning

So you're saying that you have to do this extra clutching even if you are still moving?