She wants to ride

Motor is all done. I need to fix a few more things on the roller, and I scored a FMF Fatty for $60 yesterday. Waiting for it to show up, and I'll fire it up.

IMG_20160326_122304716.jpg

is the Whoopee Cushion how you pressurize your leakdown tester ? LOL..................................................../\

No, that's how I check for leaks. If the motor farts, I follow the sound. Lol

Jill was trying to prank me the other day, and left that on my chair down there.

I got the motor back on the quad, and the cables ran. I started checking for spark, and couldn't get it. Then I realized I put a 03-06 stator on it, and forgot to ground the green wire out. As soon as it was grounded, spark.

Still waiting on exhaust and plastic's. I fixes the rear mechanical brake, and got the fronts cleaned and working properly again. All the wheel bearings and axle bearings are shot. I've been changing out a few a night, along with the a-arm bushings. I got myself in a little deeper than I wanted to on this.
IMG_20160330_200319623.jpg

Reactions: Fast6hand
Still waiting on exhaust and plastic's. I fixes the rear mechanical brake, and got the fronts cleaned and working properly again. All the wheel bearings and axle bearings are shot. I've been changing out a few a night, along with the a-arm bushings. I got myself in a little deeper than I wanted to on this.

Who hasn't started a project and realized you're in to deep before you're done. BUT it will be near new and reliable, that's what is important.
If those are original front tires, think of how many Smiles it takes to wear them that far.

This thread lets me get a good idea of how my future project will go. I got a spare blaster I kinda use for parts but really would like to get it going for my lady. She isn't that interested in riding but I bet after she gets comfortable on one then she will love it! I don't think she will be that smiley about it though lol

Who hasn't started a project and realized you're in to deep before you're done. BUT it will be near new and reliable, that's what is important.
If those are original front tires, think of how many Smiles it takes to wear them that far.

Good point. I don't mind doing it at all. Just cost me a bit more than I was expecting. But if I'm going to do something, I do it right.

She is excited, that's worth more than money to me.

Reactions: rshutchinson
Well I finally got it all done, and we are going to go a different route. I'm going to sell this Blaster and the Bayou, and get a Utillity quad. I can't ride like I used to, so something's got to go. She is making out on the deal, she gets my White Blaster. Its to nice to sell, and it will be a good reliable quad for her. Plus its still mine! ( Pulled the wool over my wife's eye's there!!!!)

Everything is fixed and runs nice and tight. The next owner will have a nice Purple blaster!

IMG_20160423_112027167.jpg
IMG_20160423_112011792.jpg
IMG_20160423_111954802.jpg
IMG_20160423_111947412.jpg
IMG_20160423_111939843.jpg
IMG_20160423_111922957.jpg
IMG_20160423_111900157.jpg
IMG_20160423_111824468.jpg
IMG_20160423_111851201.jpg

Thanks guys. The Banshee is staying, but so is my Blaster too!!

The handle bars are chrome plated something. I don't know what their off of, had them in the garage