setting the carb???

dillbar1501

Feb 28, 2017
i just had my carb rebuilt by a mechanic at work. now im trying to get it to idle and i have no idea where to start on the air fuel mixture screw and the idle adjustment screw its a stock 98 blaster. thanks in advance.

okay stock only
i guess i will post this friggin pic 1 once more
if i can find the link i will edit it lol sorry BF:)
dont really enjoy typing all that much:eek:

carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1.jpg

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when
the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when
the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
i just had my mechanic come check it out. he thinks that the compression is low so im gonna do a compression test monday. mighty have to rebuild the top hopefully not but it is what it is. thank you and i will keep yall posted on what happens. i only paid $300 for the bike and ive only put $60 in it so far so it could be worse.