Sand tires

Neblasker

May 7, 2016
Alright I've search high and low on this site and there is little information on paddle tires. Anyways hoping for some input from you guys. I run an older set of sand shark paddle tire (8 paddle) and want to upgrade to the skat trak tires for better hook-up and to get on pipe faster. Skat trak is lighter and they make all sorts of sizes and shapes. What does everyone else run that is skat trak?? I've got a +3 stroker big bore with 35mm pwk and toomey pipe. Any recommendations? I was thinking 20x10x8 seven paddle hauler

I have a Set of Skat trak 8 paddle rears used twice and front Mohawks used once ive been looking to sell need dirt tires but want to keep my Douglas black label rims

The scat trak haulers are nice but the paddles are a little softer and fold over easier. The extremes have a slightly taller paddle and are alot stiffer on the paddle. You can get them in many different sizes for different rollout. You can get them in staggered paddles or non staggered paddles. My suggestion If you are just duning and I only drag race with paddles would be a 8-10 paddle staggered extreme. They are pricey but worth the money imo. They will last if you take care of them. Dont store the bike on the ground etc. Put a jack stand on the back when bike is sitting to protect paddles. John @ STU (sand toyz unlimited) is a great place to buy them.

The scat trak haulers are nice but the paddles are a little softer and fold over easier. The extremes have a slightly taller paddle and are alot stiffer on the paddle. You can get them in many different sizes for different rollout. You can get them in staggered paddles or non staggered paddles. My suggestion If you are just duning and I only drag race with paddles would be a 8-10 paddle staggered extreme. They are pricey but worth the money imo. They will last if you take care of them. Dont store the bike on the ground etc. Put a jack stand on the back when bike is sitting to protect paddles. John @ STU (sand toyz unlimited) is a great place to buy them.
Can anyone tell me the durability of haulers or extremes. Will they hold up on river bed hard pack or even dirt at times. I ask because where I ride is mostly sand with lots of loose deep sand but does have trails that get hard pack and even to dirt for stretches. Will it just tear a chunk out of paddle or tear paddle off??