Running lean after carb clean

Powderblaster11

May 21, 2017
Having a little bit of a problem w my 94 blaster. I noticed it was getting boggish the more and more i rode it. Took it out to the mounds in genesee county, mi and it started getting really bad. So i took it home and cleaned the carb out. Cleaned it spotless and put it back together. Fired it up and it ran great probaby better then it ever has. Lots of power. But i noticed that its running offly lean. Next to no smoke out the exhaust. Usually they smoke a bit. Checked thr plug and forsure its running lean. I have a fmf gold series exhaust w a powercore 2 muffler. It has been bored over .20. (None of which was installed by me)Im pretty sure it still has the stock jetting in the carb. After it being cleaned could it cause it to run lean like that? Or would that be a possible oil pump malfunction? Im leaning to do the block off but have never had an issue w the pumps personally. Any help would be great thank u in advance.

What is your current jetting ? You need to check. Also airbox lid on or off?

That is stock jetting. You need to atleast up your main jet. Without knowing other details you should probably be around a 260-290 . Alao make sure you perform a leak test. If you hav an air leak you will never get your jetting correct.

Leak test the engine! You have a vacumn leak! Look at the rubber intake hose from carb to cylinder. If nothing found,reprime both lines to oil pump and to carb from our pump by hand. Make sure there is no air in either ✌️Peace that should correct the problem

Reactions: jus_me
And btw, yes you should go up in main jet size due to the custom pipe and silencer✌️

Could definatly be an air leak, was idling just a lil bit higher then normal. Im going to do all of which youve said to do and ill get back to u w results. Thanks again.

Could definatly be an air leak, was idling just a lil bit higher then normal. Im going to do all of which youve said to do and ill get back to u w results. Thanks again.
Refill that feed hose to carb from pump by hand, and clamp with small metal rings or very small zip ties✌️Peace

How exactly do i refill the line? The end thats connected to the carb or the end connected to the pump?