Runaway idle

120 and over...usually into the mid high 130's . When it's starts getting under 120 you should be thinking about a new top end soon .

120 and over...usually into the mid high 130's . When it's starts getting under 120 you should be thinking about a new top end soon .
They only have a compression ratio of 6.6:1. How do you get such high numbers?

Last edited:
Most of us on here have the head mod done and have 140+ for compression . Best $60 you can spend on the motor
What type of riding are you doing with your Blaster? Does the head mod increase hp and torque?

Last edited:
If I wanted more power I would have bought a Banshee. I will ride the Blaster on the trails when I'm not riding my bike or my 4x4 quad, it's just a toy.

I just installed a new Wiseco piston kit, it is perfect for my intended use.

I agree with steve150xc. Atv's and dirtbikes are toys for having fun and you can have fun on a stock blaster. Where I live the trails are 50 or less inches, tight and twisty, and so you can't utilize a lot of hp anyways. Just go out and rock that stock machine and have a blast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markblaster
I agree with steve150xc. Atv's and dirtbikes are toys for having fun and you can have fun on a stock blaster. Where I live the trails are 50 or less inches, tight and twisty, and so you can't utilize a lot of hp anyways. Just go out and rock that stock machine and have a blast.

I would have to say this is true. I had lots of fun on my stock blaster just going around trails and on the beach and up a empty river bed. Get out and ride.

Reactions: Dick Weed