Runaway idle

sometimes pics of your
quad/carb setup's can determine problems issues:D
stock blaster is 17hp,your ktm 150 i assume is much higher:)
but the blaster is tons of fun regardless the hp output:D
quads will always be slower then bike's cuz of weight differences ect..

Attachments

• 0529152014.jpg
    0529152014.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 0529152025.jpg
    0529152025.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
  • 0529152016.jpg
    0529152016.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
Some more pics. I removed the dry pleated filter that came with it. I bought a cage and foam filter and coated it with no-toil. It can't be good if you put on too much of that no-toil and suck some into the engine...that stuff is messy so I was careful with it.

Attachments

• 0529152012a.jpg
    0529152012a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • 0529152012b.jpg
    0529152012b.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
  • 0529152014b.jpg
    0529152014b.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 0529152014c.jpg
    0529152014c.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 264
Reactions: speedyslyder
Here is a short vid of my quad running, after I installed the foam air filter it ran slightly different than it did with that dry pleated filter so I adjusted the pilot air screw and then adjusted the idle screw, you can here it idling in the vid.

NO MATTER WHAT I DO THIS FORUM WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MY VIDEO. I PUT IT ON FACEBOOK JUST TO SEE IF WOULD WORK AND IT DID.

Ok got the vid posted, see below.

Last edited:
There is a possibility that you may have to change your main jet when changing the filter to foam.

Most of the foam filters I have fitted seem to breathe better, which requires a larger main jet!

There is a possibility that you may have to change your main jet when changing the filter to foam.

Most of the foam filters I have fitted seem to breathe better, which requires a larger main jet!

Didn't they come with foam filters?

so is it running the way you want?
was that tack meter on there when you bought it?:)

I put on the tach/hour meter.

It seems to run the way I want but I can only drive it in my yard and on my street. When I get a minute I will take it to a local track and if it runs good I will be taking it to state trails. I'm thinking about getting a grizzly too.

Last edited:
Reactions: speedyslyder

Well Blaaster...didn't they come from the factory with a foam air filter??????????

i was just pointing out that is a low on compression
run it at 110psi till you cant go anymore:)
most of us on here have 148-155psi
your RUNAWAY IDLE sure is not your compression
but sounds like you solved it with your carb
good job
Will you explain how you came up with this: "most of us on here have 148-155psi" please?

Sounds like it's running pretty good from your video...but if your compression reading is accurate you're not going to get the most out of the quad . 110 is getting low...sure it will run but not to it's full potential . I had just under 100psi . when I bought mine and it ran like ass . You're not that far away . If it's leak free after you test it you can probably run it this way for a little while . Then when it's really ready for a top end you can do it right and get it ported with the head mod done for some real power . Your Blaster is in nice shape

Sounds like it's running pretty good from your video...but if your compression reading is accurate you're not going to get the most out of the quad . 110 is getting low...sure it will run but not to it's full potential . I had just under 100psi . when I bought mine and it ran like ass . You're not that far away . If it's leak free after you test it you can probably run it this way for a little while . Then when it's really ready for a top end you can do it right and get it ported with the head mod done for some real power . Your Blaster is in nice shape
Thank you for the compliment.

How much compression should a stock Blaster have?