Rechambering the head

DLStryker

Oct 18, 2012
How does rechambering the head effect the powerband on a Blaster that has been piped, but not ported. Is it power throughout the rpm range? Or is their a loss in the low end for gains in mid to upper rpms? Would like to even see an increase in the low end.

I was wondering the same thing. What kind of jetting changes do you need to pilot jet and to the main jet? I have to order some new ones since the new carb. I order didn't come with jets or needle.

I was wondering the same thing. What kind of jetting changes do you need to pilot jet and to the main jet? I have to order some new ones since the new carb. I order didn't come with jets or needle.

no jetting changes, same air/fuel going in, it just burns it much much better

Actually Joe, I just stuck the Torroidal head you made on a stock 66.5mm cylinder, set the squish to 0.030, and it out performs the stock 72mm Vitos Big Bore Kit cylinder I have, especially in low end grunt and mid-range. (3mm stroker, airbox is opened up, FMF pipe and carb is jetted through plug reading) The BBK might have a bit more guts just before it peaks, but barely.

I'd like to try the hemi head on this cylinder but Neil won't dream of letting it go.

Re-chambered heads are the first mod you should make to these machines folks.
Don't go too crazy on compression or it will get hot and wear out early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82cutty and Awk08
Re-chambered head. KOR's work.
Head Before & After.jpg

I haven't been on the Blaster Forum for almost two weeks. Thanks for the heads up on the head Steve. I need to start riding more, but am always really busy with the new house we are renovating and working all the time.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but Ive been working at the Tesla Gigafactory since they have opened and now have a job I actually like...a lot.
I'm the friendly, local rotor builder/balancer for the Model 3 automobile and electric tractor trailer/big rig. Lots of extremely cool, hi-tech robotics and processes to use. Tons of fun!

Reactions: ina