rebuild help

EXtremeRider

Aug 28, 2009
so i just finished puttin in my wiseco new piston and cylinder head ...put everything together.. have my pre mix 32-1 ...my compression is at 120 (min 3 kicks..i cant get her to fire ..after a feww trys i noticed moisture by the exhaust and it was kinda brown..please need help everyone put ur 2 cents in and help a fellow rider..i know i need fuel air and spark for ignition ...any thought?

Your could be running really rich and you fouled a plug. Turn the a/f screw all the way in and back out 2 counter-clockwise turns but only if your bike is stock (engine wise, exhaust and intake and carb).

i got it bored to fit a 68mm piston..removed tors and oil injection...have a toomey b1 kit.... i kept the stock carb 26mm minkuna.. just casue i wanted to hear her run i have a monster 38 kehnin i didnt want to mess wit yet...so all i did was get cylinder bored get a new piston and installed it went to fire it up but no spark checked the ground for the coil seems to be in good shape checked all connections nothin was loose .....plug seems to be in good shape.....i tested the spark..u kno how u can get a screwdriver put it in the cap kick it and the spark should kick off the screwdriver..i had nothin..lemme kno if i can help explain the problem more throughky if need be..any ideas?

pull the plug stick it back in the boot and kick it over see if it sparks....have you rejetted for the toomey pipe

yea im gunna go get a new plug soon...i have rejetted but with the jets toomey gave me...i need to figure out first why i have no spark?? i dont see how the jettin would affect the quad from getin spark to ignite?? u kno..

well the engine needs 3 things to run air fuel and spark.......check the spark if thats good move on to the fuel and so on.........if you dont have spark it could be a number of things

when you say "i got it bored to fit a 68mm piston..removed tors and oil injection..." did you do the tors at the same time as the re-build? how long has the quad been sat since last running?

As YB says, it could be anything.... :)