rear brake light switch on '98?????

blasterfied

Nov 14, 2013
Coal City, Illinois
Hey all,

When i bought my '98, it did not have a tail light or bracket. And the PO did a hack job to the rear grab bar. I made a custom grab bar that guards the tail light.

For safety reasons, i wanted a tail light. So i ordered a 28 LED brake/tail light made for a banshee. I made a bracket, and since i removed the plastic heel guards, i used the rubber grommets from the foot rest/heel guards and added them in for dampening purposes like the stock bracket.

When me and my buddies ride, it gets dusty or vision can be obscured from dirty goggles. At times it can be hard to see one another at a safe distance while riding. I do not have a brake light. I would like those who are behind me to know im braking, without getting plowed in the event of a sudden stop.

Finally my question. How can i easily install a brake light switch on the front brake lever mainly, and possible the rear? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

your best bet is to try on the rears, some pre 03's had them as some states required them ?
i've looked into it before but didn't want to weld a tab on my frame at the time.
i have since gone full hydro's and added brake lights (much easier)

i have gsxr rear brake switches/springs laying here if you'd like one ? (pm me your name/shipping info)
i've given a few out already but have yet to see anyone produce a brake light ?

Thanks Awk,

i was actually looking at the tors switches, especially the micro switch located on the carb. I have not yet checked if its opened when depressed or vise versa. If the circuit closes when the button releases and opens when the button is pressed, i can mount it under the front brake lever. It has such a short amount of travel to operate, i think this switch or a switch in comparison as discribed above would work. With the slightest amount of lever travel, the brake light should be functional......hopefully!