Raptor 660 front brake setup for blaster

deeeebeeeeee

Aug 20, 2015
Rossville, Ga
Oh Shirt I just picked an entire raptor 660 setup. spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, pads, master cylinder w/ rubber hose, looks like everything but the splitter and metal lines. For get this $89.99 shipped :oops::eek::eek::eek::D:cool:. Oòooooh yeah (said macho man randy savage style)

What's is gonna take to get these things on my blaster?? Best I can tell I will have to drill and tap a couple set screws in the top of the spindle to hold the stock joint in place. I already have a tap and die set, it's SAE not metric but I figure 1/4 or 3/8" fine thread should work fine if that is really what I need.

I think i can manage hooking up the brake lines...

Does anyone have or know where to get the splitter block?

What else do I need or need to do? I think the wheels bolt up right? Isn't it just the rear hubs that are smaller?

Edit: just added a complete set of 97 350 warrior front brake lines. $14.99 shipped.

Today E-bah is E-yay!

Last edited:
tell the guy to keep the spindles to save on shipping weight, they will not work.
you need 03+ blaster or the KOR spindles, unless....you order aftermarket arms with ball/heim joints for the specific spindles you plan to use.
the master, calipers and hubs should work (if the inner bearing has the same ID. some don't)
my experience with any other yami sport quad lines/hoses is the metal center section is too long.
some splitters even have the lines as part of them, as in... cannot be removed from the splitter. (as seen in the pics in link below)
it can be made to work, but aftermarket lines are the best option.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/low-buck-front-hydros.20811/

or...... your results may vary

Yeah , don't tell the wife but if I can't get the spindles to work, I plan to go ahead and send my originals in as a core, and get the KOR spindles, or you said that 03+ if I can find them will work. But for I figured I was ahead for the price, getting calipers, hubs, discs, pads, master cylinder, spindles (I will resale them if I need to) since it's free shipping.

What is the difference in the 03+ spindles and say the banshee or raptor spindles, is it just the way the top ball joint mounts?
Is the upper joint in the stock arms replaceable or do you have to just buy new arms when it wears out?

As far as the lines go, and since I am on a budget, I will have to just get a compression fitting and cut it down, I have used compression fittings to replace sections of rotted line in fully boosted abs auto brakes and they hold nicely. Alot of people say they wont, but if you are afraid to use them then you would have to buy an entire pre-bent line and probably take it to a mechanic with a lift and that costs $$.

What is the difference in the 03+ spindles and say the banshee or raptor spindles, is it just the way the top ball joint mounts?

not only the top ball joint mount, but I'm pretty sure the camber of them is wrong too, adjustable aftermarket arms allow this to be accounted for

Is the upper joint in the stock arms replaceable or do you have to just buy new arms when it wears out?

stock blaster ball joints are not replaceable