Raptor 250 Carb on Blaster?

tooslow

Oct 20, 2012
Anybody know if a 08 Raptor 250 carb would fit and work on the Blaster with out any major modifications or a lot of work. Would it be a improvement over the stock Blaster carb? I have one laying around from a raptor I used to have not planing on buying one. Thanks in advance for any help.

Why would you need that carb ?

Stock carbs have been used On Fully ported Stock bore Motors with no Problems , I see no need for that carb on Any blaster !

Wanting to know if it would be better than the stock carb on it now and I have it just sitting in my garage collecting dust.

I would Say No , I have not tried to use Any other Stock form Carb on any of my machines But the Stock Carb will work just fine If it is jetted properly !

As a rule of thumb I never mix and match 2 stroke and 4 stroke carbys, in many situations they are designed differently.

Slick, I've read about some of your carb adventures....do you know what's different between 4 and 2 stroke carbs.

i know this much.....

the airscrew on a 4 stroke carb is actually a "fuel screw",
where a 2 stroke "airscrew" regulates the air introduced into the pilot circut
a 2 stroke screw is at the back of the carb, to catch clean air as it comes in and mix with the fuel from the pilot screw.
a 4 strokes screw is at the front side of the carb, to adjust fuel only
(does this extra/less fuel just get introduced into the already mixed fuel/air at the intake ?)

yes sir, i have both quads in my basement. The poker carb uses a diaphram to raise the needle, It has a butterfly not a slide, I bet if that thin diaphram gets oil soaked long enough it will deteriorate.

The air screw is opposite of the blasty it controls how much fuel not air!

I have always heard the screw behind the slide called an "air screw" and in front it the slide a "fuel screw" but never made the connection that one was on 2 strokes and the other was on 4 stroke carbs. It makes sense though, especially with the 2 strokes being so much more problems when too lean.
Slick, is the quad with the diaphragm carb a twin cylinder? I've never seen that type of used on a single cylinder engine. I always thought it was because the multi cylinder applications needed to be balanced with each other and using vacuum to raise the slide was a better way to do that.

I have always heard the screw behind the slide called an "air screw" and in front it the slide a "fuel screw" but never made the connection that one was on 2 strokes and the other was on 4 stroke carbs. It makes sense though, especially with the 2 strokes being so much more problems when too lean.
Slick, is the quad with the diaphragm carb a twin cylinder? I've never seen that type of used on a single cylinder engine. I always thought it was because the multi cylinder applications needed to be balanced with each other and using vacuum to raise the slide was a better way to do that.

Nope single 250 bro. Never had one issue withn it so far had it new since 08!

Yeah, keep your stock carburetor on the Blaster. The Raptor 250 carb won't work on a Blaster engine because it is a CV (Vacuum-slide) type. A 2-stroke engine doesn't pull enough manifold vacuum at idle for a CV carb to work. There wouldn't be enough vacuum generated to raise the slide. You need a mechanically-actuated throttle valve for use on a 2-stroke.