Puch Maxi moped 1973

Turned out pretty sweet, nothing is gonna beat the looks you get riding it, and jaws gotta hit the floor when you crack on it.
Now all you need is a dozen dui's so you can loose your liscence for life and have an excuse to ride it everyday. Lol might want to add a couple more layers of clear coat for that.

Turned out pretty sweet, nothing is gonna beat the looks you get riding it, and jaws gotta hit the floor when you crack on it.
Now all you need is a dozen dui's so you can loose your liscence for life and have an excuse to ride it everyday. Lol might want to add a couple more layers of clear coat for that.
Sprayed the clearcoat in a way that it has a satin finish, i do not want it to shine lol
I have 2 coats on it, do you think it needs a layer or 2 extra?
If the pigs catch me with it, then it's going to be impounded/crushed and my drivers licence is gonna get revoked... lol
But they first gotta catch me:D

Reactions: Awk08
Sprayed the clearcoat in a way that it has a satin finish, i do not want it to shine lol
I have 2 coats on it, do you think it needs a layer or 2 extra?
If the pigs catch me with it, then it's going to be impounded/crushed and my drivers licence is gonna get revoked... lol
But they first gotta catch me:D

Lol the clear coat is good, I love that you preserved the vintage patina so many people immediately go for the showroom new look with vintage restorations, I love you kept the look of age ,along with a modified restoration. Very classy

Reactions: jvb
Lol the clear coat is good, I love that you preserved the vintage patina so many people immediately go for the showroom new look with vintage restorations, I love you kept the look of age ,along with a modified restoration. Very classy
Thanks, glad that I'm not the only one that is liking it:Dall women I know think that it's old and rusted...:D
Just need to find some one on a dry day to hold the camera and get a nice video.
Hoping the rear tire doesn't blow up... it's rated for max. 32 mph...and it's completely dry rotted and bald:eek::DLOL
Gonna order some classic white walls for it soon.

That's OK my wife said my blaster didn't sound right, I was like yeah that's the sound of more horsepower. Don't say i said so but point is most women don't really underdstand about these sort of things. My wife can drive stick shift, check her oil, change a tire, and won't get ripped off at the repair shop, but when It comes to underdstanding what makes a machine special, forget it she's clueless.

72mph :eek::cool: it will really pull 72.

Last edited:
That's OK my wife said my blaster didn't sound right, I was like yeah that's the sound of more horsepower. Don't say i said so but point is most women don't really underdstand about these sort of things. My wife can drive stick shift, check her oil, change a tire, and won't get ripped off at the repair shop, but when It comes to underdstanding what makes a machine special, forget it she's clueless.

72mph :eek::cool: it will really pull 72.
That is a womens thing lol,
and yes, it really does that speed and accelerates fairly quick to top speed.
It will pull fairly slow till around 30mph( the clutch is engaging under the powerband) and when it hits the powerband it rips to top speed:)
If everything works there should be a vid. here, it's from the initial break-in 2nd time i'd gave it wot( so not a top speed run)
  • Going to upload a decent vid. asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Awk08 and pudvah
Hmmmmm, your build made me look :)..........

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/5288478923.html

00U0U_fQkAQQZxGxw_600x450.jpg

Reactions: jvb
Are the prices that high stateside?

No, I saw some like yours for varying prices, but that '57 sears model caught my eye, for its age and the fact my late father was a life long employee, and retired from Sears.

No, I saw some like yours for varying prices, but that '57 sears model caught my eye, for its age and the fact my late father was a life long employee, and retired from Sears.
Would be a cool project, especially with the Sears connection.
I have a weak spot for the old things:)

Last edited: