Project blaster help

Mike1312

Apr 10, 2017
so I bought a project blaster for the kid. Long story with a lot of questions. The frame is a 98 that has a rear hydro setup. It came with two engines, neither bolted on. Also came with a complete 06 a** end. Swing arm axle hubs wheels hydro setup. Also came with 06 front wheels, and complete hydro setup. Besides the obvious swap outs, where to start? One engine needs a total rebuild. Oil every where and piston is busted. The 06 engine supposedly ran. I tried a leak down test and it leaked like a stuck pig at the reed cage. Top end appears to be a cheap namura. Piston top is stamped 66.92. Obviously it's bored but the cylinder looks clean and smooth. Thinking I should do it right and get rid of the eBay junk correct? Where should I start with this project. Throw the motor in the frame and do a compression test? Send the top end out first? Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to blasters but not quads. It also came with full fmf and full stock as well. Extra complete plastic set. Any engine advice appreciated

Last edited:
Where is the problem?
If the piston fits the bore and looks good, use it.
I use Namura in my 125 with no problems. As long as the skirt fits right, you're fine.
12743677_10153819640625803_5911118404195806988_n.jpg

Make sure the bottom end is clean and tight, no up and down on the rod, and check piston fit.
Put it together, leak test, plug chop, GO!

I'm in the process of finding my leaks. Fixed the one at the reed cage and it's leaking elsewhere pretty quickly. Crazy work schedule so time is limited. Once I resolve the leaks then I'll throw the motor in for a compression test, just to pull it back out to blast n coat as much as possible. Probably make some custom heel guards.