Powder Coating Pictures

What kind of bubbling are you getting? If it is the powder making "air like" bubbles on the finished product then it is because you are getting clumps of powder on your product so when it bakes it creates a pocket. This can happen if you are running too much PSI through your gun or your gun is getting clogged and then "puking" the powder out once it starts to flow causing the powder to again clump and land on your product.

exactly why i asked what kinda powder and what gun..harbor freight powder clumps a lot

The key to powder coating is preparation.. Like REED said if you clean it up really really good then you can avoid most problems.. The bubbling to mee sounds like it may be a powder issue or not perfectly clean product... Preheating your product works well for cooking off (preventing outgassing) some dirt, and oils which may have gotten onto your piece.

Some ebay companies sell some decent powders cheap, but it will take some trial and error to find the good ones.. Or you can choose to buy from some specialty company to ensure you get higher grade virgin powders.

Keep in mind too there are many different types of powder to be used Epoxy, Polyurethane, Acrylic, TGIC, and several hybrids. Each type of powder has its characateristics which give it strengths and weaknesses.

Do some research there is quite a difference in alot of the guns as well. You will find the higher end guns will not spit/sputter, and will give you a more even flow.

All of what is said is correct. I have found the best was to clean a part is sand blast it. PERIOD. it strips away everything...even powder that got messed up and you want to re-do. sand blasting also cause a very fine texture to be put into the metal so it helps the powder stick better. i sand blast all my stuff before i coat it. even if i making air scoops out of raw metal. try around your town to find a local coater. they should sell you powder if you ask them.

Here are yet some more air scoops...this time in ORANGE. let me know what you think. this is my first time using orange.

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

Hey guys...couldn't help but notice the powder coating. I'm a newb here....so be gentle!

Anyways...got me an 02' blaster so I am going to do a complete tear down this winter and coat everything...anyways here is some eye candy for you guys! Been doing this for awhile...

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

If you guys need any advice on powder coating...please feel free to ask! I'll answer back as honestly as possible...not promoting myself here...but I'd like to help when I can because I'm sure I'll be asking some questions along the line of Blasters

Reactions: Blasterdude27