please help someone im new

Blingbling

Dec 2, 2017
Need help. Got a new carburetor for my blaster made in usa. An I know well tuning a blaster the gas screw is originaly suppose to be 1/half turn out to 2 turns. Well this carb I got if I turn it out 1half turns it boggs an too 2 turns it boggs. But runs alright if I turn it barley out a quarter turn from close its realy weired it boggs around 3rd gear sumtimes but idk if its safe to ride like that if its not getting enough gas. Only mods are fmf pipe an oil delete runing 32.1 ratio tried stock jet bogged tried 240 bogged so 270 is in it now jus im stumped will the needle have to do with it it only has 3 positions an its in middle

The needle controls the mid-range/half throttle. Always better to start rich and work your way down. So you would start with the clip closest to the point.

What size is the carb? Measured on engine side .

If you don't get any joy with that needle, try a stock blaster. Do half throttle plug chop/read.

What kind of carb? Genuine mikuni that they came with? or some oko or chinese junk? Post a pic for us to be sure. I always start at 1 1/2 turns on air screw, middle clip on needle. You want to jet it correctly and still have your fine tune adjustments in their middle locations for fine tuning. I would guess you should be about a 270-290 main jet and a 32.5 pilot. Also take the air filter box cover off and see if it helps.

The needle controls the mid-range/half throttle. Always better to start rich and work your way down. So you would start with the clip closest to the point.

What size is the carb? Measured on engine side .

If you don't get any joy with that needle, try a stock blaster. Do half throttle plug chop/read.
Thanks for the reply Its a 26 mm mikuni carburetor not Chinese its usa carb. Ill try needle adjustments see if it helps but its jus odd to me that the other carbs I had were 1 to 2 turns out on fuel an this one is only letting me go quarter turn out an runs alright any further it boggs an like i said idk if its safe to ride cuz if its not getting enough gas.

Lid is off. I jus dont know why its only quarter turn out on fuel screw an runs alright when like I said the other carburetor were 1 to 2 turns out is their a difference with the usa one that I have now to the Chinese ones that I had before with turns on fuel mixture that idk about thankx for reply jus confused on if its not getting enough gas at quater turn from being closed out but runs alright kinda boggs in 3rd