Planning a Trip for Glamis from MN.

Dunecrazy

May 15, 2008
Hey all,
I am taking a crew of guys to Glamis from Minnesota this upcoming thanksgiving. November 15-25th. We are mostly a sport quad group, but I made this same trip several years ago and had the time of my life!

I am mainly posting this to see if there are any suggestions from you experienced riders of what to bring. How to jet a Yamaha Blaster there. (I have a pro circuit and a toomey blaster) Where should we camp and how much is the registration/licensing to stay for 7-8days of riding.

I appreciate your help!

Dunecrazy!

Last edited:
Not to burst your bubble....but if I was planning a trip to Glamis, Thanksgiving would be the last week I'd go due to the insane amount of (wasted) people flying around everywhere and all the rent-a-cops hired during holiday weekends to ticket as many people as they can. You can count on being pulled over by these a-holes daily to check your registration, license, sobriety, whip, spark arrester & loudness of your pipe, etc.

I know a guy who got a ticket for no whip because it had just broken off while riding. When my buddy told the guy his whip just broke, the rent-a-cop said, "yeah, I know. I just saw it break."

If you do decide to go and need a staging or overnight spot in San Diego, hit me up and I'll help in any way I can.