piston.....

blasterboy91

Feb 19, 2008
ARIZONA
aight well i purchesed a vitos super stock rebulid top end kit thing.
now since its a bigger piston (.90) over can i put it in myself? and do i have ta bore and port and polish it as well.if i have ta have it bored and "p.p." ill just have my uncle do it for me...he went ta skool for this stuff..any input?

oh and can i just put the piston in and run it like that..will i notice a difference?

VITOS!!! i was conned into thinking the same thing. +5 hp, what a bunch of ass, doesnt do sh*t, i personally like wiseco. Is this ur first bore? if so a .90 is pretty much leaving ur cylinder walls paper thin which could lead to a possible new cylinder, and no, the cylinder has to be bored for that size piston.

yes you have to bore it to get the piston in, if you try to put it it it wont even fit so good luck but you dont have to pp it but you might as well while you have it apart

ya this is my first bore..the guy said that i would notice atleast a 8hp increase if i were to put it in and bore it right and all that sh*t..so i got jipped? haha

im not saying that they jipped you bro, thats just my opinion about vitos! i know alot of members have the 240 kit from vitos and they must like them, also its a cheap easy bolt on mod! . the super stock piston i had did nothing for performance gains! but good luck with it and keep us posted on ur progress!

i would personally send it back .90 over is alot for first bore u chewin your sleeve up for nothin..believe me i know i got mine bored to 1.50 2. is max its not worth it really your not gonna notice much and with sleeve that thin your gonna have a heat issue like im gonna have..just some input hope it helps

that vitos piston is gonna melt :) One of my cheap friends rebuilt his banshee with vitos pistons and i tried to get him to spend the extra on wiseco and he melted one of his pistons and had to replace the crank and cylinder and all that. For the first bore you only need to go 20 or 30 over. 90 over is extreme

yeah dont go .90 over cause if you need it bored again you will have to resleeve it or go to a bigbore kit, just go .2-.4 for the first bore