Piston size

Mnixon18

Jul 27, 2016
I have a 2002 blaster, I rebuilt the top end and I am wanting to replace my piston. The piston that is currently on it now reads 65.94, will a 66mm piston fit my cylinder??

No no no do not even try that. Why do u want to replace the piston. Are u in process of building top end or u did and what ever u do don't use the eBay top end kit

And I recommend sending your cylinder to kenoconnor racing tell him to bore your cylinder to the next size and have him provide the piston. In order to put a new piston in ur quad the bore of cylinder must match the piston

No no no do not even try that. Why do u want to replace the piston. Are u in process of building top end or u did and what ever u do don't use the eBay top end kit
That's exactly the top end kit I have, I ordered it off Amazon though from partsdeal. My piston is no good, and I am having trouble finding a 65.94 size piston

Nope I would never use that kit in a million learns they are not good quality and won't last long dig that stock cylinder out and send it to kor the cylinder walls in the eBay kit have air pockets and many flaws you will be do a full motor rebuild in no time and will have tons of piston slap why are you rebuilding it in first place

Nope I would never use that kit in a million learns they are not good quality and won't last long dig that stock cylinder out and send it to kor the cylinder walls in the eBay kit have air pockets and many flaws you will be do a full motor rebuild in no time and will have tons of piston slap why are you rebuilding it in first place
I rebuilt it because on my old stock cylinder the walls were rusted real bad, and I think the previous owner had it bored. I seen the cheap cylinder kit and figured it would work just as good, but I was wrong I've been having problems out of it since I installed it.

Find a used Oem cylinder on eBay and have it shipped right to kor not ur house tell Len bore it to the next size and match a piston to it

Find a used Oem cylinder on eBay and have it shipped right to kor not ur house tell Len bore it to the next size and match a piston to it
ok do you think they can bore my old cylinder out some more? I'm going to send back the cylinder back I got from amazon

For the price you paid for that crap crap cylinder you could have spent like another 20 buck and had a new piston and bore job.

THROW THAT CYLINDER IN THE TRASH. THEY ARE JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK.

65.94 means its a 66mm piston....you are never going to find an exact piston that is 65.94mm

For the price you paid for that crap crap cylinder you could have spent like another 20 buck and had a new piston and bore job.

THROW THAT CYLINDER IN THE TRASH. THEY ARE JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK.

65.94 means its a 66mm piston....you are never going to find an exact piston that is 65.94mm
I think you are right about that because the piston didn't last a week. My old cylinder looks like its been bored already but the walls are rusted bad

stocks can be bored up to 68mm, so you have at least 4 bores left. you have 2 options:

1. call ken, send him your cylinder and have him bore it

2. have a REPUTABLE local shop bore it.

If amazon doesn't take the jug, I'll give you $30 for that crap set up ! I need some cheap stuff to experiment on!

65.94mm piston is the correct size for a 66mm bore. The extra is for heat expansion. You'll also notice the skirt is wider than the crown. Pistons are oval, not circle when cold!

If you looking for something reliable, get a hold of ken and ask for a cast piston of his recommendation. Forged is nice if your pushing over 9k RPM, otherwise it's sort of a waste. The forged is stronger, but doesn't show it's colors until you exceed that limit. The inherit forces of the piston accelerating and decelerating so fast will literally rip them apart. It's one of the limitations of all engines. For the blaster, we're looking at 9375 rpm for a cast piston, and 10700 rpm on a forged.

Your rusted cylinder may not be to horribly bad. I had 1 that looked amazingly bad. Cleaned it up, it measured within spec, ran a stock piston.. Still running today a year later (not ridden much). Get a picture of that old jug and if you can. Measure it. It could be stock, it could not. If it's stock, you can run that piston you got.